The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Arrow Wolf Messerschmitt Group Build

What-ho!

Just a reminder!, you're now in the final stretch of the Group Build chaps! C'mon, 30 days to finish off everything you've got on the bench and, perhaps, time to start and finish another cheeky number. Go on!! you can do it.

Don't forget, you MUST move your builds into the "Completed Builds" Section to be eligible for Judgement by The Lord High Judge & Executioneer (Me) and I'm so looking forward to being able to dole out the prizes to their respective winners.

Final push ..... I know you can do it.

Grant.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

TWO WHOLE DAYS REMAINING .... after which, let the judging commence !!!   Please, if you wished to be  considered for a prize, get your finished models into the "Finished" thread before the deadline: 23.59hrs 31st July 2013

Here we go...... 24hrs 8 minutes to go!! Great job everyone, just the final push now and then my job starts, and I know it's going to be incredibly difficult.

I hope that each of the prize winners won't object to me posting their builds on www.arrow-wolf.com as I really would be proud to show people what our Group Build achieved.

• Like 1

JUST UNDER SIX HOURS GENTLEMEN !!!

Please, please get you finished models into the Completed Thread for me to judge .. Judgement cannot come down from on high in respect of any completed models that are NOT in the "Completed" Section.  :) 

<< Quaking in his boots wondering just How he can possibly choose from all these beautiful models >>

• Like 1

FIN, FINIS, THE END, OVER,

DONE & FINALLY DUSTED

That's it Gentlemen! The Arrow Wolf Sponsored Messerschmitt Group Build is now officially over.  

My genuine thanks go to ALL who supported the Group Build by entering, updating and posting your progress which made it such fun.  

We've had some absolutely masterful and stunning builds and now it's up to me (Dear Lord help me please!) to decide the top three!

I promise that I will announce the winners tomorrow here, on this particular thread.  

Additionally - I intend to adding a fresh page to the Arrow Wolf website and hope that those people who have entered the

competition will allow me to post pictures of their respective builds along with their names.

Once again, Thank You!

Grant.

• Like 1

Grant,

Thank you for all your hard work, starting and administering this Great GB! I was honored (and humbled) to be able to build with the talented folks here. Look forward to future builds with you all.

Doug

• Like 1

Gentlemen ....

My Judgement has been reached.   As you might imagine, it's been Very hard to decide the top three let alone the order anad that order was changed at least three times BUT a decision had to be reached so  - in my opinion AND IN REVERSE ORDER:

the Third Place model is 

Mikester's "Red 10":  Bf109 G-14/AS from 2./JG 300 piloted by Uffz. Wolfgang "Lumpi" Hunsdörfer from Esperstedt in September of '44.

Bf10914AS_Red10_6.JPG

Congratulations Mike .. your prize -

bf_109_box_zpsa0860dec.jpgbf110_panel_box_zps9c41da75.jpg

Will be winging its way to your soonest.

The Second Place Model is

(This was THE most difficult choice and it swung backward and forward) is ......

PH-GEO George's stunning Dragon 1/32 Bf 110 D-1/R1 Dackelbauch built as Bf 110 D-3 G9+CM Nightfighter

8707601140_97a99a1143_b.jpg

Congratulations George, your prize of:

1_32_ME262_A1e_Box2_zps643a858b.jpg

will also be on it's way soonest.

The FIRST Place model, and therefore WINNER of the Arrow Wolf Sponsored Messerschmitt Group Build goes to:

<<Drum roll>>>

<< More drum roll >>

Johan (Pfuf) for his immaculate Eduard Bf 109E-4 W.Nr.5344 Maj. Helmut Wick 

SAM_0403_zps402c92b5.jpg

Congratulations Johan, your prize....

148RoyalClassBf109EBox-500x331_zpsfa0dc4

will also be on it's was to you as soon as possible.

Gentlemen,

For those not listed in the top three, It was a VERY, VERY hard decision to make (and I'd prefer to have someone to discuss it with next time).  

My decisions were purely subjective and were in no way a reflection on anyone nor the standard of any build etc. But, ultimately, I had to make a decision and it was based, in part, on what would I like to see in MY cabinet!.   Each and every build listed both in the Completed Section and in the WIP Threads could have been a prizewinner and I only wish there were more that Arrow Wolf could have given away.

Once again THANK YOU to each and everyone of you - it's been fun.   Let's see what else we can come up with as another small, side, sponsored build!

On a serious note, please would the prize winners PM me their addresses so that I may get their awards out of my office and into the post.

The End

• Like 1

Thank you for the great price

And I must say this is not the last Eduard Bf I am going to build they need some work but I love the fine rivets and panel lines

Well deserved Johan and thanks for your address, I'll be sending you your Prize as soon as possible.  Just promise me one thing, if you have a cup of coffee in the mug that's enclosed in the box, lift it once and say ... "Cheers (or salut) Grant!"   :D

• Members

Sweet!  I know it was a tough decision with the caliber of kits entered and I'm humbled to have been selected as one of the winners.  Thanks again for a great GB, Grant!  Can't wait for the next one!  (190, cough, cough, Focke-Wulf, cough, cough) ;)

• Like 3

Sweet!  I know it was a tough decision with the caliber of kits entered and I'm humbled to have been selected as one of the winners.  Thanks again for a great GB, Grant!  Can't wait for the next one!  (190, cough, cough, Focke-Wulf, cough, cough) ;)

Your most welcome Mike and I gotta tell you, your 110 was a super contender ... It was tough.

Something wrong with your throat Mike?? I agree though <<cough one ninety cough >> :)

I'll grab your address (JAPAN !!!!????) and send off the IP's soonest. They're great fun Mike (although I've still got to finish mine which will, eventually, be framed and put on a wall).

Once again, I'm deeply chuffed that so many people got involved. We'll do something again soon!

She's beautiful George and I'm extremely jealous!! I so want a dog now that I work from home but I suspect my cats would object massively!! Perhaps in a couple of years maybe.

It was a close run thing between you and Johan for top honours - your Nightfighter is without doubt glorious and I am extremely happy to have had so many stunning builds to judge. I just need you address so if you'd PM that to me I'll get your Me 262 in the post to you.

Cheers, belly rub for Mocha.

First, my congratulations to Grant for the excellent GB and for the choices! Very beautiful kits! They deserverd the prizes.

Second my apologies to Grant and to the others for not being capable to finish my model at time. I'm still stucked in bed because the diabetics.

Looking for the next!

First, my congratulations to Grant for the excellent GB and for the choices! Very beautiful kits! They deserverd the prizes.

Second my apologies to Grant and to the others for not being capable to finish my model at time. I'm still stucked in bed because the diabetics.

Looking for the next!

Paulo, I'm so sorry to hear about your diabetes - don't worry about the Group Build !!  Your health certainly comes first and modelling a long way after that so, no apologies are needed at all; also, don't forget, you had a very little amount of time to finish and it's even more understandable when we learn of your illness.  

Paulo, thank you so much for your participation and also the enthusiasm you brought to the Group Build

When you've recovered, why not try the Great War Group Build or even the Pacific War Group Build?  Both have a 12 month period so you can take all the time you want !

I really hope you get well soon !! 

Wish I could have built a kit here with you guys (the 109 is one of my all-time favorite subjects) but sadly I wasn't able.  Here's hoping for another Luftwaffe Gb soon!

cough cough 190 cough cough...

;)

• Like 2

Seems to an awful outbreaking a coughing going on here ... I can't quite make it out,.... A one, and what sounds like a nine and...and... No can't quite make the last bit out :)