The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

I think Grey Matter Figures have some update sets for this that they just released.

Thanks Dave, I'm doing this a cheap as possible but those landing gear parts look might' fine. Hmm. Need to find some belts and I believe Radu does some pedals in 1/24.

Thanks Dave, I'm doing this a cheap as possible but those landing gear parts look might' fine. Hmm. Need to find some belts and I believe Radu does some pedals in 1/24.

Radu's pedals and belts ordered and on their way.  I need to source some 1:24th gun barrels too ... just thinking out loud. 

Was considering this kit as well, found one on offer in a local E-bay-ish site.

Still undecided about it.

Looks nice enough though.

And a bit easier on the reading glasses, too.

Lead on this relentless Wulf chase, oh brave Arrow...!

Perhaps I'll follow.

:)

9450974767_abe7ccb806_m.jpg

Go for it George .. at least there'll be a decently built one then .....  :D  :popcorn:

Hmm, it's just beginning to dawn on me the bloody size of this beast (it hasn't arrived yet but ....)

Well ... it's in the same scale as the Mk.Ia Spit and Bf.109E I bought (Airfix) ... lets just call it BIG!

They are in the stash collecting dust atm ... none of the 109 parts have left sprues ... but from what little I started on with the Spit, they don't just slap together! :unsure:

• 1 month later...

Grant

I'd do some background reading on builds over at LSP. There are a couple of problem areas, especially the fit and alignment of the engine (needs moving back a little from what I recall) that have been nicely dealt with in a couple of builds....

It does look pretty good when finished.

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

Grant

I'd do some background reading on builds over at LSP. There are a couple of problem areas, especially the fit and alignment of the engine (needs moving back a little from what I recall) that have been nicely dealt with in a couple of builds....

It does look pretty good when finished.

Matt

Thanks Matt I will now because ... and I bet you all thought I'd deserted you ... I'm back in the game.

I'm delighted to say that Tim at Grey Matter Figures has very kindly sent me their 1:24th Fw190A-7/8 Conversion Set to create the A8/R2 I was hoping for along with their superb looking Landing Gear Set.

Photo's of GMF's extremely impressive looking resin parts plus all the other additions will follow shortly. 

So, I'd better get cracking then !!  I just hope I can match even a fraction of what's been going on here !!

:D

• Like 1

Here are the resin parts graciously sent to me by Tim at Grey Matter Figures:

GMF_Fw190_wheels_zps30a1a21c.jpg GMF_Fw190_undercarriage_zps75e94378.jpg GMF_Fw190_conversion_zps5b8cf065.jpg

I'm very grateful to Tim and GMF, these will certainly go into the build and so I will write a review of how they help me, a complete novice to the art of conversions, create the model I wanted to create.