The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Hasegawa Fw190 A-7 "Yellow 6" W.Nr.340283

Dave J

A couple areas that might need attention if you're interested:

If it is not too late, the gap in the cockpit coaming should be taken care of, the padding goes all the way around, there is no gap for the sight as the kit provides.  

You need to fill the join in the wingroot, there are only a couple spots where the line should be there.  For example, the gun bay cover in the middle is a single part that goes all the way to the top of the wingroot fairing.  A quick look at just about any set of plans should help here.

Doug 

Here is a photo from my own 109A-6 WIP that might help illustrate the wing root panels that should have the join line filled in:

7a5bdba5-2992-40dd-bbd6-ed7c06cce179_zps

Looking forward to more progress!

Doug

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the kind welcome...

You will find I'm a bit of an FW 190 nut...I used to build quite a bit, but I guess I've let life get in the way. I want back in and am vigorously scouring the forums for inspiration and tips. Going to start a model here soon. I bet you can guess which German WWII non-Messerschmitt fighter I'll be doing!

Great stuff...love seeing the foundational work. It is--and always has been--the canvas for the eventual paint job!

Thanks again!

• Like 2

One quick fact check: As far as I know, the "dust covers" depicted on the wheel well MG151's did not exist, at least not on the later 190's. This, and the gunsight placement, are two errors in the Hasegawa 190 kit. I only bring it up in the hopes that they are only dry-fitted at this point.

REALLY looking forward to this build!!!