The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Fw 190D-13, Stab/JG 26, "Yellow 10" (1/32 Hasegawa)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Getting close!  I had a minor disaster on the lower starboard wing, my W&N Burnt Umber thinned with mineral spirits went right through the Future and attacked the Floquil Old Silver that I used for the NMF.  I took about week off after this because it just completely destroyed my mojo.  Got everything repainted and the decals applied.  The EagleCals are an older set back from when they were still using Microscale to print their decals.  These always seem to give me fits and I had a some bad luck but fortunately I had a spare set of these in the stash so was able overcome the loss of some decals from the first set.

017_zps611eb866.jpg

015_zpsb4c72ee0.jpg

016_zps5f0a5819.jpg

014_zps807194a3.jpg

These are some fat propellers blades!  Or "phat" if you've got street cred like me! ;)

012_zps2cdcc468.jpg

These are the EagleParts resin wooden flaps, the wood grain decal is provided with them

013_zpse0cce5c8.jpg

011_zpsae58d383.jpg

Looks great Mike.  I love the "Yellow 10" story.  Shake my head how this bird wound up in Atlanta with a Bf109.

This build is in my future, not sure when.  Have the D9 and decals, will get the GM conversion after my summer eBay Sales event. 

• Like 1