The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Fw190 A8/R2"Black 8", 11./JG.3

rieser

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice finished article there...

Sorry I missed your reply somehow.?  But thanks for the info.. I've been spraying at around 12-15 psi but not with such high dilution so I'll have a go. I looked at the image where you mentioned the overspray issue and just wished that could get down to such an excellent level of 'issue' :)

I'm inspired by your constantly mixing and tweaking colours... that looks to add a great deal to your finished look. I'll have to pick up some extra blacks, greys etc... oh and some of that nice violet colour to liven up the RLM 75..

Matt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Ralph,

I just looked at your gorgeous Fw 190A-8 again (and I'm not sucking up to you, here!).

- How did you do the Mk108 gun ports? Shaped them yourself or did you use EagleParts?

- Did you "bend" the canopy together so it sits right on the fuselage? The real aircraft has a little hinge at the top so the canopy doesn't crack. How did you fasten the front of the sliding canopy to the fuselage?

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,
Erik.

• 2 weeks later...

cheers mikestar - yes...  they can be a bear!

7AS_zps9a2ac2a2.jpg

... red outline painted using 3:1 mix of XF-7 Flat red and XF-9 Hull Red...

8AS_zps65c194cc.jpg

... exhaust area painted XF-85 Rubber Black and streaked with 1:1 XF-68 NATO Brown and XF-69 NATO Black...

9AS_zpsfc8f9e42.jpg

10AS_zps422c512f.jpg

... cowl painted 3:1 XF-8 Flat Blue and X-18 Semigloss Black.  Rick:  too blue perhaps?

11AS_zps9cb73b2b.jpg

12AS_zps1e991ef0.jpg

13AS_zps1e7d0077.jpg

14AS_zps6f22b36c.jpg

Thanks for looking.  Cheers, Ralph.

That blue looks great to my eye!  Just enough tonal to show through!  :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Have read/looked at this build several times now--and I feel like I have to comment because, each time I go through it, I like it more. I like the process you go through to get such results. I like the ultimate results of this process. Stunning interpretation. Total justice done to an excellent scheme. You must be a kindred-spirited FW 190 (especially an A8/R2) nut...

I hope you snag another Hasegawa Focke-Wulf to take on.

Greg