The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

WnW Fokker D.VII (Fok)

JeroenPeters

Hi Grant,

Thank you! It's true though. What i lack in social skills I try to make up for with painting tiny leather seats.

The fabric itself are decals that are supplied in the HGW set.

The wash i used around the eyelets is Vallejo water based wash. Amazing stuff and i like the way it dries better than oil washes.

Much easier to control.

Eehhhm.... 

Ah yes. Gaspatch. Great item. They're also brining out a Vickers machine gun soon.

Yeah well, we all make allowances for your social skills :)

Do you thin the Vallejo wash?  if so, with what ? (I've got some but am unsure how it's used)

GasPatch are certainly one of the top breakthrough manufacturers this year in my opinion, for what that's worth.  They've spotted some crucial areas where a decent, useful, product can be created and become essential for the modeller to have.   I've seen a sample of their Lewis gun in that unmentionable scale so if their Vickers matches the detail and sharpness of that then we're all going to be happy.

Cheers! 

• Administrators

Yeah well, we all make allowances for your social skills :)

Do you thin the Vallejo wash?  if so, with what ? (I've got some but am unsure how it's used)

GasPatch are certainly one of the top breakthrough manufacturers this year in my opinion, for what that's worth.  They've spotted some crucial areas where a decent, useful, product can be created and become essential for the modeller to have.   I've seen a sample of their Lewis gun in that unmentionable scale so if their Vickers matches the detail and sharpness of that then we're all going to be happy.

Cheers! 

Hi Grant,

I use water to dilute the wash. But on one occasion i used spit. Just because i was too lazy to walk down to the bathroom.

Very nice Jeroen .. the tank

Can I also say you have very big hands...is that ok to say ;-)

Martin

He must have .. that model is 1:16th !!!

Great progress Jeroen.  Really looking forward to seeing this coming together.

• Administrators

Hi James,

The HGW (HGS??.. I'll blame it on your fruit cider) adds just the sharpness you want. I like it.

Hi Martin,

The show is tomorrow, at Mol (near Antwerp). I'll do a report!

Here's the radiator with the excellent Radu PE upgrade. WnW feature square mesh, whereas it should be honeycomb. 

Get yours at Arrow-wolf.com.

null_zps77ba35c4.jpg

Have you been at the Red Bull again? Amazing speed of build Jeroen! This isn't meant to be a plug for Arrow Wolf's services but those radiator covers from Radu are seriously effective aren't they? They look amazing, as does HGW's detail parts - especially on the guns, just love the addition of a cocking handle.