The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Trumpeter F4F-4 Wildcat

alpinestar

Hi Guys,

I've been a bit quiet on the build front lately so I thought I'd get my ass in gear and join in this Group Build!

My contribution, Trumpeters F4F-4 Wildcat + a few add ons:

DSC_0033_zpsd6658951.jpg

Got some HGW seatbelts on order too. I'm trying to find the blue colour for the upper surfaces. Anyone know a good match for this? I could probably do a custom mix, but it's easier if it can get it 'off the shelf'. Here's the colours:

DSC_2634_zps0a18a99a.jpg

Cheers Guys, better get this started!!

Chris.

• Like 2

Nice Chris!

How is that Verlinden Cockpit? I didn't know that they made one... If its any good I will have to add it to my shopping list! And who makes the resin wheels? So many questions in one day!

For the Blue... Does this help?

10002313t.jpg

10002313t1.jpg

Dave,

On first look and trial fit, the Verlinden cockpit set is a bit, erm, 'unsatisfactory' (trying to be diplomatic...). Basically, Verlinden have replaced the cockpit floor and the bulkheads/instrument panel with resin parts. These parts are a different size and shape to the supplied kit parts and on first fit do not fit at all!

I will see if I have made any glaring errors when fitting and report back. I'll try and get some pics of the issues too.

Chris.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

Been away for a few weeks with work, back now and back on it..

Got a little more done. Fuselage closed up and engine finished.

I have a week off work next week, so I'm gonna try my best to get this finished  :wacko:

Anyway, a few pics to bring it up to date:

DSC_0086_zps3b0bc892.jpg

CSC_0094_zps016ed0a5.jpg

CSC_0091_zps977debfc.jpg

CSC_0092_zps11adff0d.jpg

Thanks for looking guys, back soon with more....

Chris.

• Like 2

Hey Guys, cheers for checking this out!

I'm making slower than I had hoped progress on this, but progress none the less.... :unsure: The fuse is now prepped for primer, I just have to fit the windscreen once the Future has hardened fully, also got the inner wings fitted. It's going to be finished with the wings folded so I have started adding some detail to the hinge area to spruce that up a little. I have modified the hinge so I can fit the outer wings right at the end of the build, makes painting easier.

Somewhere underneath this pile of crap are those outer wings. I think I need a tidy up..... :rolleyes::

DSC_0099_zpscd98f17a.jpg

The fuselage as it is now. Should be in paint soon (if I get my arse in gear.....):

DSC_0096_zps15ae383d.jpg

DSC_0097_zps4dacc957.jpg

DSC_0098_zpsce6d25e0.jpg

DSC_0095_zps6528bcb5.jpg

Cheers Fellas.

• 3 weeks later...