Welcome to Large Scale Modeller
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Trumpeter P 51B Zirkus Rosarius - The Mongrel Family Build, Part Deux -

Mustang P51B Trumpeter Mongrel Mongrel Family Build Zirkus Rosarius Luftwaffe Foreign Service

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic
PH-GEO
  • Members
  • 613 posts
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LSM Addict
  • LocationKrommenie: Former swamp nw of Amsterdam
  • Last active: Oct 24 2014 03:32 PM
10992613696_f9989bcc2e_o.png

The next kit to be built in the Mongrel Family Build will be the venerable Trumpeter P 51B in the colors
of s/n 43-24825 ( P 51B-15-NA ) "Jerry" that was captured on D-day near Cambrai, France and was 
consequently impressed into German service. After testing at Rechlin it was added to the stable of
the Zirkus Rosarius, led by Hptm 'Ted' Rosarius and it was toured around various Axis airbases to
train Luftwaffe pilots, performing mock air fights amongst other things. The Zirkus Rosarius was an
early forerunner of the later Top Gun Fighter School concept.
It was lost later that same year, killing the pilot Oblt Leo Potjans on december 10th 1944.

The above artwork was reproduced with kind permission from the artist Bertrand Brown, also known as Gaetan Marie.
This print, and many other accurate and beautiful profiles can be obtained from his website www.bravobravoaviation.com

Construction of the kit had been started earlier but was stalled because of the work on the Swiss Bf 109 G14
that is featured in Part 1 of the Mongrel Family Build. The P 51B will also feature a complete BigEd set.
More photo's to be added soon...

Pardelhas
  • Wingnut Wings Fans Moderator
  • 543 posts
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LSM Addict
  • LocationPorto, Portugal
  • Last active: Oct 24 2014 03:11 PM

George, great scheme. I also recommend this book: http://misc.kitrevie...kreviewbg_1.htm

Regards

Franciscp

Cees B
  • Moderators
  • 1,925 posts
  • LocationAmstelveen, below waterlevel near Amsterdam
  • Last active: Yesterday, 02:06 PM

George,

You have started a whole family of.....turncoats?

I like it.

Cees

• PH-GEO likes this

PH-GEO
  • Members
  • 613 posts
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LSM Addict
  • LocationKrommenie: Former swamp nw of Amsterdam
  • Last active: Oct 24 2014 03:32 PM

Yes, in a sort of a Blackadder history of aircraft sort of way...

And I have the Dewoitine too, remember ?

10073847115_4ccfdd5c8d_n.jpg
That reminds me to get a gallon of RLM 04 Yellow ...

• Cees B likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mustang, P51B, Trumpeter, Mongrel, Mongrel Family Build, Zirkus Rosarius, Luftwaffe, Foreign Service