The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Junkers Group Build Rules

Dave J

Arrow Wolf has gamely volunteered to sponsor / coordinate a Junkers Group Build by the following rules:-

Junkers  Group Build Rules.
  • The competition will begin 00.01hrs 1st April 2014 and conclude 23.59hrs 31th December 2014
  • The Group Build is intended for Junkers aircraft in any variant.
  • Scale shall be 1:32nd and above only. 
  • Any media can be used along with any aftermarket upgrades / detail sets. Scratch building is also permitted or you can simply build O.O.B.
  • A Work In Progress thread must be opened for each separate entry.
  • Multiple entries are permitted provided they conform to all the other criteria laid down
  • All entries will be eligible for a prize. 
  • Any prizes will be decided upon and announced by Arrow Wolf at the earliest opportunity. 
  • All members, including staff, are eligible to participate.
  • A Completed Builds section will be opened for all completed entries. You must submit your build(s) to that section with no more than 10 photos allowed for each separate build. Please provide as many details as possible that may help the judge reach a decision.
  • A sole judge whose decisions shall be considered final.  
  • Please remember the good nature and intent of the forum, its members and staff at all times. If there is anything you are unsure of please ask the Group Build Coordinator, Grant.

Lastly, and as importantly, HAVE FUN!!

List of eligible kits that are currently available on the market now -

First World War -

1/32 Wingnut Wings Junkers J1

Second World War -

1/24 Airfix Junkers Ju 87B

1/32 Revell Junkers Ju 87B

1/32 Revell Junkers Ju 87D (Hasegawa Tooling)

1/32 Revell Junkers Ju 88 A-1

1/32 Revell Junkers Ju 88 A-4

1/32 Hasegawa Ju 87D

1/32 Hasegawa Ju 87G

1/32 Trumpeter Junkers Ju 87B

1/32 Trumpeter Junkers Ju 87R

Don't forget to check out the AIM website for lots of conversion sets for the Ju88! http://aimsmodels.co.uk/

• Like 3

Thanks guys for sorting this.. I have a Ju-88A1 and a Revelagawa Ju-87D in my stash. I have loads of AM for both... I think I may join this one..

One question.. does the kit need to be new and untouched? I have removed the pilot from the sprue of the Ju-87D, otherwise it's sealed as new?

• Members

Thanks guys for sorting this.. I have a Ju-88A1 and a Revelagawa Ju-87D in my stash. I have loads of AM for both... I think I may join this one..

One question.. does the kit need to be new and untouched? I have removed the pilot from the sprue of the Ju-87D, otherwise it's sealed as new?

Nige, no worries there.  Typically we allow kits that are up 25% complete to be entered.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is going to be GREAT !! I love these "one make" GB's.  Hmm, wondering which could be next :)

I'm giving the subject of a suitable prize for the winner very deep consideration. I'm thinking about something more in line with a useful addition to the workbench rather than a kit OR ..... if we decide to do another "one make GB" then something that will aid and facilitate an entry to the new GB (kit / detail or upgrade set etc).

What do you think???

Important Update for the Junkers GB rules!

Originally this was slated for a 6 month build ending on the 30th September.... I am glad to announce now its going to be an 8 month build that is now ending on the 31th December!

The decision was made due to the some of the big conversions that some people are adding on their 88's...

Thats it! Back to your Junkers builds!

• Like 2

that is now ending on the 32th December!

The decision was made due to the some of the big conversions that some people are adding on their 88's...

Thats it! Back to your Junkers builds!

32th of December? is that the day before or after the "fifth of never"?

• Like 2

32th of December? is that the day before or after the "fifth of never"?

Hahaha! Thanks for point that out to me Paul! That is my fat finger hitting the 1 button! It is corrected now!

My friends, I'm recovering very well from my surgery, and with this I wish to inscreve my kit in the Junkers GB:

AI18002.jpg

I will only finalize the FW190, and soon will start the Stuka. At least in this project, I have all the afters to do  the kit. In the meantime, I will choose the profile to do...

• Like 3

• Administrators

My friends, I'm recovering very well from my surgery, and with this I wish to inscreve my kit in the Junkers GB:

AI18002.jpg

I will only finalize the FW190, and soon will start the Stuka. At least in this project, I have all the afters to do  the kit. In the meantime, I will choose the profile to do...

So cool!