The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Eastern Front Armored GB. Barbarossa to Citadel

Paulster

Sounds like a interesting dio! I will be stepping out of my comfort zone and trying a few firsts in a dio too!

I'm planning to build a knocked out KV-1 thats ditched on a bank, with German Troops walking past in a muddy/snow ground... and If I get time... maybe a KV-2 or a T-34 also!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was thinking about a Finnish T-34 but I think the decals I have are for a machine captured in the Continuation War. I'll see if I have something else but most armour I like is from 1944 onwards.

I'm all in for this group build with DML's Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausf.G Apr-May '43 Production (6594):

l_DRA6594.jpg

There are ten different schemes to choose from, and I have no clue which one I am going to pick... In the meantime, here is a good review with multiple pics:

http://www.modelarmour.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1400:dragon-pzkpfwiv-ausfg-apr-may-43&catid=37:kits&Itemid=60

That Pz.IIII L does look sweet. I thought about going with DML's Tiger I Initial Production [6600] which is in my stash, but as noted above, thought that Tigers would be well represented. So, I went with the Pz.IV G. Speaking of which, I need to create a thread for it...

Given the astounding variety of vehicles used that would be some work, Dave.  Being terminally lazy that's more work that I'm willing to do!  I'd say Google is your friend and when all else fails just ask here.  I used to do a lot of WW2 wargaming so I'm pretty familiar with vehicles and when they were used.

​Want to know how I know this now?? Cause their all in my elfin' garage now!

• Members

Now I know what garage to burglarize ;-)

LOL, I wish I still had it!  I was a big Advanced Squad Leader player.  Kind of drifted away from the hobby for awhile and it was just taking up space so I sold the whole lot.  When I see what some of the stuff I sold is worth now I cringe!  Trying to juggle one hobby and life is hard enough though, two is damn near impossible!

LOL, I wish I still had it!  I was a big Advanced Squad Leader player.  Kind of drifted away from the hobby for awhile and it was just taking up space so I sold the whole lot.  When I see what some of the stuff I sold is worth now I cringe!  Trying to juggle one hobby and life is hard enough though, two is damn near impossible!

Ahem... I know where you're coming from.... Modelling (as in aircraft 1/48, 1/32, military vehicles 1/35, ships 1/350), motorcycles (as in BMW R12GS Adventure, Triumph 1050 Speed Triple) and photography (a whole sh*tload of Nikon gear). Really isn't a mystery why I *DO* build, but never seem to be able to finish a model...

Oh yeah, I've got a family and a regular job, too! ;)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Been real quiet over here ladies. How showing us some of the Russian Front stuff your working on. I'm just as guilty. I'll start posting some BA64 pictures soon. And start breaking out the other build I have planned.