The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

8320a167-941e-4e63-a6e1-26f00f664c0c_zps

Hello people,I'm new

I'm using the early/late G6 kit to make a G14.

I took notice of the Mike and Matt review and several builds I've seen here. Thanks! Very helpful.

Not been an active modeller for a while, but I give it a try again.

I'll build a JG 5 G14. Cartograf decals came with the Kagero "Luftwaffe over the far North" booklet.

HGW seatbelts and rudder pedals, furthermore straight from the box with some very minor scratch stuff, so nothing exciting will happen here.

Thanks for watching and hopefully more soon.

• Like 6

Thanks for the warm welcome and heads up guys!

Almost finished the cockpit. Only have to make the HGW belts, scratch build a new gunsight and spice up the stick a bit.

g14-02_zps6b6e8acb.jpg

g14-03_zps89365911.jpg

Added some wiring and replaced some of the original. I used stretched sprue for this.

I weathered with Mig Industrial city dirt pigment, just brushed it on dry. used a drop of water on the foot board to make it settle around the edges.

Used the Revell instrument decal for the control panel....cut it to 7 smaller pieces. Soaked with Microsol for 30 minutes, went really nicely despite the negative feedback I read about the stiffness of this decal. small drops of Micro Kristal Klear and done.

I blackened the HGW PE with pewter patina.

More soon

• Like 1

Cees, the seat you're talking about, is that a (late) 109 seat?

I ask, because I drybrushed the edges of the seat tub with a metal colour (Vallejo oily steel), when it's made of plywood I have to adjust it.

Thanks!

Edit: I envy you....you live close to probably the the best aviation model shop on this planet :o

• Like 1

Hi Beychevelle,

Sorry for late reply.

Yes, it's a late war seat pan, so worn edges would show plywood underneath.

Later in the war a lot if wood was used to save scarce materials.

Your cockpit is shaping up nicely.

Cheers

Cees

Thanks guys,

I'll change the seat wear.

Finished the gunsight and stick and almost done with the seatbelts....after some trials and tribulations. 

The HGW belts are lovely but it took me some effort to make them look good.  I'm not good with tiny fiddly PE bits and they're coloured on one side only. Not a shake n bake job, not for me anyway!

Treated myself with the Brassin undercarriage and exhaust sets (and a 1/32 Revell Uhu with Master FuG 220 antennas and HGW belts). :rolleyes:

Photo update this sunday I hope.

Finished HGW belts. Insert: made the missing starter crank hole (thanks to the great Matt & Mike review).

Took me a while to get the hang of it. Not to mention the time I spend on my knees looking for runaway buckles

g14-04_zps05e37c74.jpg

cockpit ready...with the seatbelts and modified stick and Revi 16B gunsight.

g14-05_zps09519af7.jpg

The red dots you see through the transparant fuel tube are the small red lights on the panel behind it :rolleyes:

I'll leave the open canopy tabs on for the time being...not sure I want the canopy open. to be decided.

g14-06_zpse2169382.jpg

The Eduard Brassin exhaust, compared to the Revell version.

Sure the Brassin looks great, but I still think Revell did a good job also. The size and shape is pretty good and it's doable to open the

exhaust and the weld seams are easy to scratch I think. Not a waste of money, but when I build another...I'll skip this set.

The Brassin PE parts are neat, but again...I can live without it.

g14-07_zps9b90d666.jpg

I can close the fuselage now  :)

More about my G14 adventures tomorrow...I hope.

• Like 2

Finished HGW belts. Insert: made the missing starter crank hole (thanks to the great Matt & Mike review).

Took me a while to get the hang of it. Not to mention the time I spend on my knees looking for runaway buckles

May look silly. But the amount of time it has saved me from chasing stuff from the "concrete monster", it doesn't matter

Apron

The Eduard Brassin exhaust

g14-08_zpsebd5bb36.jpg

With the PE exhaust cover

g14-09_zps80dcc809.jpg

Made the air intake weld seam from stretched sprue, drilled the guns open and increased the "cup size" of the beules.

g14-10_zps3708112f.jpg

So far, so good I think. Some very minor deamons to slay, like the poor fit of the rear cockpit panel (known issue it seems). Only mishap...one of the two gunsight reflectors snapped off. Will make a new one :rolleyes:

I can now paint the wheel bays. I really like this kit, already looking forward to the G-10. With the Barracuda decals on order, I couldn't resist to check the box...new fuselage, new wing roots, even more rudder options...much better control panel decals. Sweet!

More soon, thanks for watching :)

Edit: look at the mess! My hobby desk is huge, but in no time my working space is reduced to the size of a stamp :ph34r:

• Like 2