The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Not finished, but on my way!

almost_zps8f2faac8.jpg

Only the antennas, the wires and the last few stencils to go. I'll do the weathering with pigments after the varnish.

Today I ordered a whole bunch of Barracuda 109 props and beules for my future builds. I can live with the Revell exhaust and undercarriage.

The Brassin I used now is neat, but I'll survive without them. The Revell prop and spinner I really dont like.

Note to self....learn to keep my work space more tidy. :wacko:

Not finished, but on my way!

Only the antennas, the wires and the last few stencils to go. I'll do the weathering with pigments after the varnish.

Today I ordered a whole bunch of Barracuda 109 props and beules for my future builds. I can live with the Revell exhaust and undercarriage.

The Brassin I used now is neat, but I'll survive without them. The Revell prop and spinner I really dont like.

Note to self....learn to keep my work space more tidy. :wacko:

Hell!!! Mine doesn't look that good after I clean it.

• Like 1

Finished!

IMG_0201_zps16c5fd55.jpg

IMG_0199_zps9ab3b0f8.jpg

IMG_0200_zps74a1f8ca.jpg

Enjoyed building this. It's not the high standard most of you can produce, but I'm still pleased with the result.
I learned a lot and hopefully my next build will be better.
Most pleased with what the preshading did...specially the underside.
I'm not overly happy with the darker shades on the top side. Even though the Kagero book showed a rather dark camo, I maybe overdid it.
Too dark to my liking anyway.

Imho the Revell kit is very nice. Only dislike the prop and spinner. Barracuda props for future 109s for sure.
I don't regret using the Eduard Brassin exhaust and undercarriage, both very nice, but I can do without them.
Maybe better to say...I'm not worth them. I build to make a kit look "pleasing to the eye" not to show large photos of small details.
My result is simply not good enough for that and it's not something I strife to reach. I admire what you guys do though.

Thanks to Mike and Matt....their kit review helped me a lot. Thanks to others for their nice comments and tips.

Now I go tidy my desk...it's a shameful mess :unsure:

Thinking about what to build next. It's tempting to start another 109, but I'm leaning towards the Brewster Buffalo.

:piliot:

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Oh my...I'm no expert :unsure:

Mike and Matt are experts I think.(I followed their advise)

Most noticeable difference...the G-10 has no beules.

Not all G-10s had the long wing bulges and not all had the tall tail wheel.

The G-14 is a late G-6, but equipped with the MW50 power boost, an Erla canopy and a late rudder style.

Maybe there more small differences.

The Mike and Matt kit review gives a good explanation:

http://forum.largescalemodeller.com/topic/1238-132-messerschmitt-bf-109g-6-early-and-late/

Rob