The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

1:35 Matilda Mk.III/IV

James H

• Administrators

Just WTF?

I don't build armour, but I've been bent over the table and given extreme instruction by the powers that be that I should build some armour. For the sake of my poor ass, I need to comply......but with what?

I'm entering this with the 1:35 Tamiya Matilda Mk.III/IV in Soviet Lend-lease colours, courtesy of Echelon decals. The kit will have an RB Productions barrel, and that is it as far as aftermarket hardware goes. I also need to learn some techniques as I know nothing about armour.

One reason for building a Matilda is that these were built at the Loco Works, about 1/2 a mile from where I live. This is more of a local history thing for me.

Bear with me.

1376596424-02730700.jpgALT352018set.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I've been bashing this one since the start of the GB and I have the model more or less complete. I'll post more images this weekend. 

Assembly has been a piece of piss, with everything falling together without any fit issue. Almost a shake and bake. Not as pretty as a piece of Nazi armour, but still full of character.

DSC01629.jpg

DSC01630.jpg

DSC01631.jpg

DSC01632.jpg

DSC01633.jpg

DSC01634.jpg

DSC01635.jpg

DSC01636.jpg

I've been bashing this one since the start of the GB and I have the model more or less complete. I'll post more images this weekend. 

Assembly has been a piece of piss, with everything falling together without any fit issue. Almost a shake and bake. Not as pretty as a piece of Nazi armour, but still full of character.

Nice! Looking forward to the progress!!

• Administrators

This is certainly a very quick build. Here are the hull, turret, and images of the finished assembly.

It's a great kit, and fun to build. I've not glued the barrel as I'm replacing this with a metal one from RB.

DSC01734.jpg

DSC01735.jpg

DSC01737.jpg

DSC01736.jpg

DSC01739.jpg

DSC01738.jpg

DSC01740.jpg

• Like 1

I'll be using some AK on this sucker. Just waiting for the pack to arrive. I've asked for a Russian green modulation set.

Ooh, I have to buy it! Where can one just ask for it? Not at a peachy-cheeked goatee, innit?