The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausf.G

KvS

I've decided to build DML's Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausf.G Apr-May '43 Production (6594):

l_DRA6594.jpg

There are ten different schemes to choose from, and I have no clue which one I am going to pick. I do need to decide before adding the barrel since a couple schemes L/43. Currently, I'm leaning towards the L/48. Bigger is better, right? 

There's also choices to be made in turret type and schürzen: Yes or No?

• Like 2

• Members

I've got this one in the stash but I have to say the sheer part count of Dragon kits intimidate me.  Maybe it's ADD but every time I open the box it's like "sheez, I'll never finish that!". 

Wow - I appreciate all of the interest, guys!

I love the scheme illustrated in the box art as well, and I may go with that one (schürtzen and all  :) ). But then again, I really want to do a three tone scheme so I can take advantage of the new-fangled AK Interactive German War Colors (1937-1944):

http://www.ak-interactive.com/DetalleProducto.aspx?idDetalle=AK560&Pagina=./Productos.aspx?iPage=0&CCat0=010000&CCat1=010020&CCat2=010022&iPxP=21#.Uz_rT_ldU1I

Bison Decals has a few schemes in one of their releases as well, but I want to stay in the box as much as possible. Speaking of in-the-box, the part count is indeed insane, but I think most of them can be attributed to the magic tracks. I've never used magic tracks before; they look like they were made to drive a man insane. So, I may go with some aftermarket tracks.

Anyway, I should have some actual progress to post later this weekend.

Not a lot of progress, but made it through Step 3 and have some pics to share...

IMG_0484.JPG

IMG_0485.JPG

IMG_0486.JPG

I should have more soon, especially since most of the tedious, repetitive work is complete (wheels & sprockets & related). That is, until those crazy magic tracks.  :huh:

• 1 month later...

It has been a while, but at least I have been busy. And now I am finally ready for an update... 

Here are some pics of the mostly complete panzer (as far as assembly). I still have to assemble the tracks, permanently attach the road wheels and sprockets, add the tow cables, and attach the spare track links to the front of the hull:

IMG_0507.JPG

IMG_0508.JPG

IMG_0509.JPG

IMG_0514.JPG

IMG_0518.JPG

On to the painting... Speaking of which, I have decided on a scheme: a tri-color Pz.IV G from the 20th Pz.Div. in 1943. So, no schürtzen but it will have the L/43 gun. Hopefully, the next update will be sooner rather than later. (It has to be; my M48A3 is languishing on the shelf waiting to be finished.)

Thanks for looking!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Appreciate the feedback guys! Here are couple pics with it in Dunkelgelb. I used a primer coat of AK Interactive's Primer Black (awesome stuff), then applied AK Interactive's RAL 7028 Dunkelgelb. 

IMG_0523.JPG

IMG_0524.JPG

• Like 1