The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

KV-1

• Administrators

When I decide to tackle some armour for a change, I'll make damn well sure it has a lot of it.

Say hello to the Trumpeter KV-1. I'll add some photo-etch, Friul tracks and metal barrel with resin mantlet. 

I stumbled on my old armour stash yesterday (sort of an Eastern egg) which holds enough accessories to bring some life to this model.

Well... Here goes!

59317E08-0F36-459D-BD94-D293D6B912A6_zps

• Like 1

• Administrators

And so it begins..

I have assembled lots of Friulmodel tracks in my Armor modeling days. About 10 yrs ago.

They need careful cleaning and checking, but man... the final result is worth the investment.

Another bonus is the weight they add to the model.

This is already bringing back memories!

48F1D3A4-7A0F-4097-B0E8-39C284E5B84C_zps

• Like 1

• Administrators

Last time I assembled a set, I had 100's of holes in my fingertips from inserting those pins. A labour of love, but they do look great.

I know what u mean!

You know what my trick was? Put a drop of super glue on my fingertip to protect it.

These tracks however... don't let the axle go all the way through! Really nice...

• Administrators

nice Start Jeroen!

Whats up with that resin Matlet? Does it correct something with the kits one?

Hi Dave,

To be honest... I don't know. I bought this kit in a package. Tracks, barrel, kit. First look: no significant difference.

Keep you posted!

Hey Jeroen

Neil Stokes has a new book out available on Amazon on the KV tanks - he is THE man when it comes to these, so it may be worth a peek?

I think the books are photo files as much as ref material, but not too sure in that regard...

Let me know if you need a link...

• Like 1

• Administrators

Hey Jeroen

Neil Stokes has a new book out available on Amazon on the KV tanks - he is THE man when it comes to these, so it may be worth a peek?

I think the books are photo files as much as ref material, but not too sure in that regard...

Let me know if you need a link...

Thnx for the heads up Nick,

I'll have a look.

I already have both Tankograd books on the KV.

Here's a scan of what I'm going for. A partial disappeared fender. In about 30% of the pics i see of this type the fenders are gone, partially gone or badly warped.

Still waiting for PE to arrive...

KV1_zpse7c793e9.jpg

KV1.jpg