The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

A cracking pair........

Been after treating myself to these for some time now so when is saw Mr Lovett at www.arrow-wolf.com had them, well I just could resist no longer.

14001_zps1664279a.jpg

14002_zps2a11e45c.jpg

Thanks for the plug !!! 

I've been fascinated by these ever since they came out. I might have mentioned it before but once finished, I'm going to get them framed for the office wall.

I popped this in the Great War GB thread but ..... 

5de127ba-b5e3-4fa1-b0cf-ff222763bfb6_zps

This is joining the British Mk.4

Now I'm looking for replacement Maxim LMG08 barrels as the kit ones are bound to be pants - any suggestions, I've checked the usual suspects.

You wanted LARGE SCALE? Ok, how about a 1:16 Albatros D.Va? Just got this from Model Expo.

A lot of the metal parts are crap, but I intend to use this as a basis for something far better. It's still a great kit. When you move the rudder pedals and stick, the control surfaces move too!

I'm used to working in wood and metal, which is just as well as I need to make a whole new set of brazed brass ailerons, elevators and a rudder.

Sooooo!, won't be seeing much of you then ! Well, that's just rude !!    :D         (incredible kit by the way).

PS: Talking of brazing .. I'm trying to teach myself soldering .. got a little butane pencil soldering iron thingy and have ordered some solder with flux core .. don't need anything beyond that, do I?

Jim,

reading the amazingly large scale of this beauty, 1/16, I remember having a similar project already being started about a year ago: a 1/16 scale Ju 87 Stuka:

http://www.den-stuka-bauen.de/index.htm

Your large scale Albatros looks stunning! The assembly of the control column is gorgeous!

Thomas, these are the same people (I think) who have now issued a 1/16th Mitsubushi Zero which I'm also building. It's huge, working lights and everything, and you have the choice as to whether to show it without the "skin" or with all the spars and ribs etc showing.

Well, to start this post, I'm a HUGE James Bond fan. I've been watching a few auctions on eBay for Airfix's 1996 Little Nellie autogyro from You Only Live Twice (1967), and I just won one of them. I'll try and post pics as soon as it arrives.

I'm REALLY excited about this one! The kit is supposedly a mixed bag, but I'm gonna try and add a ton of detail to it to bring it up to snuff.

In case anyone needs a refresher on this vehicle:

• Like 1

Wellllll, been to Flanders' Modelling Festival organised by IPMS Antwerp in Hoboken, Antwerp, Saturday and I came home with:

- 1/32 Trumpeter Su-25UB Frogfoot-B

- 1/32 Trumpeter MiG-21UM Mongol-B (hilarious for those that know the Dutch YouTube-series "New Kids" about some backward '80's type youngsters from the Brabantian village of Maaskantje who call each other "Hey! Mongol!" all the time..."

- 1/48 Trumpeter JJ-5. The Chinese crossbreeding of a MiG-17 with a MiG-15UTI.

- 1/72 Revell (Zvezda) MiG-31 Foxhound

- 1/32 Aires Su-27UB cockpit set

- 1/32 Aires Su-27 exhausts

- 1/32 Aires Su-27 wheel bays

- 1/32 Aires MiG-23MF cockpit set

- 1/32 Aires MiG-23 open exhaust

- 1/32 Aires MiG-23 wheel bays

- 1/32 Aires MiG-23 canopy details

- 1/32 Master Su-27 pitot probe

- 1/32 Master MiG-29 pitot probe

- 1/32 Master MiG-23MF pitot probe

- 1/48 Master MiG-29 pitot probe

- 1/48 Brassin Su-27 landing gear

And some books:

- One by a former RAF Phantom navigator about his time on the FGR.2 in the Eighties

- A book on the French use of the Mirage F.1

- A book on the Sukhoi Su-24 Fencer

So you see why I'm sitting at the entrance steps of the Central Station asking the passers-by for some change they can miss.....

20130311_220747.jpg

20130311_220930.jpg

20130311_220901.jpg

20130311_220820.jpg

20130311_220844.jpg

• Like 1

So I am getting tired of knocking over my fully loaded airbrush, nearly every time I use it... so Lucky Model had these on Special for $10

Sparmax 3 Airbrush holder

airbrush_hangers_02.jpg

Also stocking up on some Vallejo Paints...

val70119.jpg

• Like 1

You wanted LARGE SCALE? Ok, how about a 1:16 Albatros D.Va? Just got this from Model Expo.

A lot of the metal parts are crap, but I intend to use this as a basis for something far better. It's still a great kit. When you move the rudder pedals and stick, the control surfaces move too!

I'm used to working in wood and metal, which is just as well as I need to make a whole new set of brazed brass ailerons, elevators and a rudder.

boy, that so reminds me of my days of Control Line Combat and building (rebuilding) my planes.  Albeit, these are to scale vs giant wing with 1/4 thick fuselage.

Guest styrenedemon

Came home to find this on the doorstep. Nearly wet myself with excitement. Only my second foray into 1/32. This kit is epic. I'll be building it for the SPAR Pin-Up GB. My decals should come in tomorrow. 

81EB35C2-9098-4323-B42F-0FF1041CA2BC-305

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Did I mention that I won this on eBay for a measly £11.00 the other day? With the other tank I've got for the GW GB I thought "why not":-

Tauro_fiat_3000_zpsa17c9022.jpg

Sadly, because it was only issued in 1921, it's not eligible for the GB but I knew that already when I bought it. I suppose it was just to round the collection off.

• Like 1

Its like Christmas at the moment! A couple of big packages hit my desk at the sametime!

Where do I start -

Tasca Firefly

TSC35009.jpg

Miniart Jeep

35014bt.jpg

Voyager Model Jeep PE

5567526.jpg

ET Model Jeep Wheels

PI000000183431.jpg

Miniart Harley

mna35080.jpg

Hasegawaw Bf109 F-4 Trop (like I really need another 109!)

hasegawast31reviewbg_1.jpg

Its like Christmas at the moment! A couple of big packages hit my desk at the sametime!

Where do I start -

Tasca Firefly

TSC35009.jpg

Miniart Jeep

35014bt.jpg

Voyager Model Jeep PE

5567526.jpg

ET Model Jeep Wheels

PI000000183431.jpg

Miniart Harley

mna35080.jpg

Hasegawaw Bf109 F-4 Trop (like I really need another 109!)

hasegawast31reviewbg_1.jpg

Whoa, very nice!! Love the look of the PE snow chains - very clever.

What i got since Christmas,

1/32 WNW Sopwith Pup

1/32 WNW Fokker DVII F

1/35 Emhar MK IV Male

1/35 Emhar MK IV Female

1/35 Hobby Boss M1070 Heavy transport vehicle

1/32 Trumpeter Bf-109 G6 (will be Franz Stiglers ride from "A Higher Call")

1/350 HMS Warspite Premium Edition

1/32 Revell He 219

1/32 Revell He 111 P

And last but not least:

22 bottles of Misterkit Acrylic Paints in various shades for my WNW collection

various aftermarket and decals for the above kits.

Paul

• Like 1

Glad to see you managed to get the MisterKit paints "locally" Paul.  I'm sorry I wasn't able to help in that regard.

Grant

No problem Grant. I just hope this is not a hit or miss thing even coming from this source.

Paul

• Like 1

YOU JAMMY B*GGER  !!!!!

Just joking ...

I still don't own a Wingnut Wings kit but if I did then I think I'd go for either an Albatros or a Roland D.VI a or an SE.5a "Hisso"  -  who am I kidding, I'd go for any of them.