The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Dornier Do 335B

• Administrators

Hi folks,

I've already started to cut plastic on this one, and as soon as the Revell Spitfire Mk.IIa is completed for deadline, the Do 335 will move ahead at full pace.

Does anyone have any schemes to suggest for the Do 335? My reference is severely lacking, so all input here appreciated. This build will be for Military Illustrated Modeller, but I will share progress in this forum.

• Like 2

James the Udvar-Hazy Museum is Washington DC has a wonderfully restored Do 335 on display. I've seen it in person and I can tell you it's a huge amazing aircraft! I think you should model VG+PH for your first attempt.

2006-853p_zpsedc41dc4.jpg

• Like 1

• Administrators

Yes, that's a duplication of the LSM/SP&R review.

We have a good relationship with Brett and HS, so we spread the love and shared it with their audience.

• Like 1

Yes, I agree. But the model for me, is out of the blue, at least I've not seen any hint of it from HK models.

for m,e I'm waiting on their Lancaster. Deposits are already being taken on it here in Aus - but I have yet to see any pre release material - or any idea if other models are being released before, and or any delay in the Lancs release. Again regards to all

• Like 1

Hi folks,

I've already started to cut plastic on this one, and as soon as the Revell Spitfire Mk.IIa is completed for deadline, the Do 335 will move ahead at full pace.

Does anyone have any schemes to suggest for the Do 335? My reference is severely lacking, so all input here appreciated. This build will be for Military Illustrated Modeller, but I will share progress in this forum.

I think I would build one of those nearly finished variants. You anyway have not to much choices, except you build one of those " what happend if...."

• Administrators

Yes, I agree. But the model for me, is out of the blue, at least I've not seen any hint of it from HK models.

for m,e I'm waiting on their Lancaster. Deposits are already being taken on it here in Aus - but I have yet to see any pre release material - or any idea if other models are being released before, and or any delay in the Lancs release. Again regards to all

This one is no surprise. It's been touted for many months now. Here is the HK Models Facebook page after they started to promote: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hong-Kong-Models-Co-Ltd/1375731456009809?fref=ts

James the Udvar-Hazy Museum is Washington DC has a wonderfully restored Do 335 on display. I've seen it in person and I can tell you it's a huge amazing aircraft! I think you should model VG+PH for your first attempt.

2006-853p_zpsedc41dc4.jpg

Can't do that one Ralph. This is the heavy fighter version with MK103 cannon in the wing ;)

Post war Bundeswehr markings with the Hartman Tulips like the sabres had in natural metal.

Pictures, or it didn't happen......

• Like 1

Hi Jim

looking forward to this...

pretty sure your options are limited to a choice of two for the Zerstorer (real world anyway)

Luftwaffe standard scheme Wnr230014 RP+UP (muffled yawn.. :ph34r: )

Do335M14Luftwaffe_zps16603b37.jpg

and what I assume is the same bird (given as an M14 anyway) operated by the French in 'French Khaki' :wub:

Do335M14_zpsfcabc78d.jpg

choices, choices - that or do it as an 'What if' Lufthansa fast mailplane or something :omg:

Peter

• Like 3

• Administrators

Hi Jim

looking forward to this...

pretty sure your options are limited to a choice of two for the Zerstorer (real world anyway)

Luftwaffe standard scheme Wnr230014 RP+UP (muffled yawn.. :ph34r: )

Do335M14Luftwaffe_zps16603b37.jpg

and what I assume is the same bird (given as an M14 anyway) operated by the French in 'French Khaki' :wub:

Do335M14_zpsfcabc78d.jpg

choices, choices - that or do it as an 'What if' Lufthansa fast mailplane or something :omg:

Peter

Actually looking at a 'What If', but something plausible.

How does an RLM74/75/76 splinter/mottle sound, with RLM70/71 fin (from another machine) and Eric Hartmann tulip makings on nose, with yellow cowl ring? Engine covers will be bare metal and red primer, and to cap it all, post war Luftwaffe markings. The idea being that a fledgling post-war Luftwaffe used whatever they could push into service.

If you like that, you can thank Ben Summerfield!

• Like 3

• Members

Actually looking at a 'What If', but something plausible.

How does an RLM74/75/76 splinter/mottle sound, with RLM70/71 fin (from another machine) and Eric Hartmann tulip makings on nose, with yellow cowl ring? Engine covers will be bare metal and red primer, and to cap it all, post war Luftwaffe markings. The idea being that a fledgling post-war Luftwaffe used whatever they could push into service.

If you like that, you can thank Ben Summerfield!

I like the concept but maybe go with a combo of RLM 81/82/83 perhaps since the 74/75 combo was pretty much gone by 1945.  Something similar to an Me 262 paint scheme perhaps?

• Like 1

Inspired by the post war Sabres, maybe to fight the Ruskies to stop the spread of communism they threw together what ever serviceable aircraft they could rustle up. Best thing about What ifs is you can donwhatbyou want!

Dornier Probably would of used the late war greens and browns once in production, the 71/70 scheme was usually only used on prototypes by at that time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Sorry for the lack of input. I should retire from forums as I never get anything done. Here are the latest images for you.

Great kit...absolutely loving this one!

10524654_634887783285031_533279153310118

10444769_634887713285038_566969300117774

10527494_634887773285032_876974401800530

10530704_634887833285026_505392938659186

10530851_634887796618363_154272677358482

• Like 4