The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Z-M Fw 190 series in 1/32...

Mikester

• Members

From Cybermodeler's report on the IPMS Nats:

http://www.cybermodeler.com/special/ipms2014.shtml

Finally, Zoukei Mura Inc. will be producing the Focke Wulf 190 series in 1/32 scale as well as introducing a new kit concept. With the the SWS series of kits, you have lots of details that make up the kit and while they take time to build, the finished resut is a masterpiece, They've heard the feedback from some of their customers looking for kits that are less complex but still have lots of details. The result is a new BASIC series that will use advanced molding technology to provide lots of details molded into fuselage interiors and other assemblies that would be provided as separate parts in the SWS series. The subjects coming in the Fw 190 series include:

• Fw 190A-3 (Basic)
  • Fw 190A-4 (SWS)
  • Fw 190A-5/6/7 (Basic)
  • Fw 190A-8 (SWS)
  • Fw 190D-9 (SWS)
  • Like 2

At the Nats their owner also said they're going to do an F-86 Sabre, an F-4 Phantom and an F-14 Tomcat.... Pretty ambitious, if they'll also do a series of Fw 190A's!

I just hope that their "basic" series won't have "half" detail molded in. Rather less wing spars and ribs or no invisible details like fuel tanks or complete radiators but still separate parts for guns and cockpit details.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Their internal structures like wing ribs are only representative anyway. They aren't scale in any way, shape or form. Detail like that can easily be discounted, but unfortunately, you pay your money for it. The 3D printed Do 335 is another example of this, as with all their releases. I think I'll happily stick to sensible detail. The HKM Dornier 335 will be a triumph of substance over style in that respect...

• Like 2

Fair comment about their wing structures etc, which I know to be the case for their P-51; I would assume due to limitations in technology that this be the same with their other releases

I have no knowledge or interest in the Skyraider or Eggplane (sorry, Raiden / Jack!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ok Boyos. My real intention for Pauli to ‘Ranch Sit” was for him to finger fondle the kits that I plan on selling him at the BBQ. Basic sales tools is to plant the seed and create a need. Once he perceives the need the higher margin I will make. A few beers, set the hook and reel em in.

• Like 1

• Members

Ok Boyos. My real intention for Pauli to ‘Ranch Sit” was for him to finger fondle the kits that I plan on selling him at the BBQ. Basic sales tools is to plant the seed and create a need. Once he perceives the need the higher margin I will make. A few beers, set the hook and reel em in.

Reel him in?  With Paul it's more like set the bucket next to the water and he jumps in!

This is good news. In the past I've referred to ZM kits as 'transformers in heat'

Way to much for most modelers. As was said, I hope this new 'basic' is more

like Hasegawa's approach. They'll definitely be making more money.

Apparently it's still the SWS series, just divided into 'SWS standard' and 'SWS basic'

http://www.zoukeimura.co.jp/en/sentiment/oyajiblog_056.html

• 1 year later...

I think it's a valid question,

Especially given that the initial announcement was almost a year and a half ago. The "Old Man" marches to his own beat, but a small update on their progress would be interesting to see.

S

• Like 1

• Administrators

I think it's a valid question,

Especially given that the initial announcement was almost a year and a half ago. The "Old Man" marches to his own beat, but a small update on their progress would be interesting to see.

S

I'd say so. I knew about this project over 2yrs ago.

• Like 1