The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Spitfire Group Build....Rules and Information

Mikester

Cut off is 30th Sep. To be honest... you really don't need any of the eduard stuff for the Tamiya kit. I would go box stock with some Barracuda bits and a am harness

Having trouble justifying the expense of the Tamiya kits. What I may do is the Revell (ex Matchbox) Spit Mk XXII/XXIV with a few (inexpensive) aftermarket goodies. Still have to think about it.

Modelling on a fixed income (SSDI - Social Security Disability Insurance) is tough!

• Like 1

I'm in with the new Revell mk 2, probably done as a mk1. Have ordered the requisite Barracuda bits,but will try to re-shape the spinner myself. Undecided on the scheme but will probably try to cut masks for the squadron codes, so the world is my lobster ;) . Need to find lettering for the aircraft number though. Does anyone know of any sources for these??

Mike.

Well, it seems we have a Sptfire XVI extravaganza. And since Mal is making my masks I might as well declare my intent and toss my hat in the ring too! In honour of our 100 year ANZAC brothership, I will be doing a Kiwi bird, the Tamiya XVIe from 485 Squadron OU-V.. Photos to follow

Regards,

Kent

• Like 1

I'll throw a prize in for this...an exclusive, signed copy of my book, 'How to Build the Revell Supermarine Spitfire Mk.IIa'

Well, it's the least I can do ;)

​Grreeaaatttt….. Get a book on how to build one after I finish building one. :lol: 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...