The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

GB : LVG C.VI converted to a Post War Limo

guitarlute101

Hi guys,

I'm working on the cockpit woodwork right now, slow progress due to a busy work schedule. here's a small update. I've been experimenting with some different base colors...................

I'm really liking the effect...............

more soon,

Mark

• Like 2

Mark, have you thought of going for a dark wood? Classic cars of the time would have used mahogany,walnut and other luxury veneers and I'm sure an aircraft of the time designed as a limo would have had all the trimmings as well, weight  no longer being such an issues as it would not be carrying armament or ordinance, but yes it really does look the part!

Mark, have you thought of going for a dark wood? Classic cars of the time would have used mahogany,walnut and other luxury veneers and I'm sure an aircraft of the time designed as a limo would have had all the trimmings as well, weight  no longer being such an issues as it would not be carrying armament or ordinance, but yes it really does look the part!

Hi Far East,

Thanks for checking in and for the comments! I have definitely put some thought into it. I figured the pilot got a nice clean cockpit to work in and the passenger section got the whole 9 yards of luxury. I have some more items on the way to detail the passenger area. Stay tuned!

Mark

Mark,

I am just catching up on your build. Sorry it has taken so long! You have done some incredibly Awesome work here! The wood master and vac fuselage conversion is brilliant! I also love your cockpit and wood treatment! Everything you are doing is fantastic!

RAGIII

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks guys!!

I have pictures and a scale drawing of the DFW Limo and I'm considering doing it in 1/32 after this LVG build is completed. I just really like these Limo's.

I've been working on the LVG engine by replacing the top springs and I had some custom photo-etch made for the passenger windows that I am waiting on so I should have some progress shots very soon.

Mark

• Like 2