The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

1/32 Hasegawa 109F-4 "double black chevrons"

Finished up Hasegawa's 109F-4!  I've always wanted to post a finished build to LSM, and here goes.  

Despite the stint on the shelf of doom, I really enjoyed this kit.  Fit was and engineering was great and building it was a delight.  The only annoyance was filling the bulge in the upper wheel bay as the F-4 didn't have the wing bulge for bigger tires.  I added an early F resin seat with molded belts.  While not super accurate, I really wanted some molded belts.  One of the best parts of the kit was the gear leg fit.  I am always worried I'll get the gear angle wrong.  The fit of the F's gear legs was almost perfect straight away with only a slight adjustment to the left leg.

I painted the kit with MM RLM79 and Mr. Color RLM 78.  Future, vallejo, citadel, and Tamiya for the rest.  Decals are eaglecals and performed solidly.  This is my first 1/32nd build and I've enjoyed it a lot.  Due to size, I don't think I'll build many, but I look forward to a few more.

Thanks Jason Brewer for the sweet pics!

3_zpsd1lvjb3m.jpg

5_zps4bwcofqv.jpg

6_zpsqiiqelrn.jpg

7_zpsmctdqig5.jpg

8_zpstrevfxij.jpg

2_zps46i3nkay.jpg

9_zpsw0wkexav.jpg

1_zpsz76xp9i6.jpg

12_zpsskuba1ve.jpg

13_zpsad73tkjr.jpg

Thanks

• Like 11

Cracker!  Not that easy to pull off such subtle tonal variation.  Love the colours.  Hat off for doing such a great job of mating the upper engine deck part to the fuselage nose too.  No signs of ghost seams there.  Somewhat hard to see from the pics, but keep an eye locating the cowl MG parts.  I followed the kit instructions which left me with no MG muzzle protruding rem the starboard opening.  Cheers, Ralph.

• Like 1

Cracker!  Not that easy to pull off such subtle tonal variation.  Love the colours.  Hat off for doing such a great job of mating the upper engine deck part to the fuselage nose too.  No signs of ghost seams there.  Somewhat hard to see from the pics, but keep an eye locating the cowl MG parts.  I followed the kit instructions which left me with no MG muzzle protruding rem the starboard opening.  Cheers, Ralph.

Thank you!  I tried several putties, but ended up using CA, which gave me smooth transitions on the cowling.  I had that problem with the MGs you are mentioning.  I'm pretty sure the starboard muzzle is fully inside the cowl.  I will be more on top of that next time!  Thank you!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...