The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Fw190 D-9, "Brown 4" 7./JG26, April 1945.

Dave J

Ok so I am going roll with this... I am going to stick to out of the box, bar some Harness and paint masks I think...

Fw 190 D-9 “Brown 4″ W.Nr. 500647 of 7 Staffel, II./JG26 as it appeared at Hustedt, near Celle, April 1945

8679228888_7ddeb2def5_c.jpg

220e27731557e57f5acc2e6482f5f34f.jpg

If anyone has the EagleCal decal sheet #126, I would be interested in a photo/scan of the Comments area from the instructions.

• Like 6

Good choice Dave, that particular D-9 has had a lot of interpretation over the years regarding the overall paint scheme.  I think I may have that Eagle decal sheet, I know for a fact that I have a masking set for it too.  I will check on the decal sheet and send you a PM if I have it.  Would be happy to send you a scan.  Also, some rare photos of 500647 in the Fw-190 Dora series by Jerry Crandall, do not know if you have seen them or not.

Kirk

Thanks for the offer Kirk, but it looks like I am sorted.

Ralph has been in touch and forwarding me some details from the book, and Mike has the Decal Sheet which he has emailed me too.

• Like 1

Hey Dave, Formular for the green blue 76

Gunze H74 sky (duck egg green) 1ml from a syringe

Tamiya XF2 flat white 12 drops (off a cocktail stick)

Tamiya XF12 jn grey 2 drops. as above

Thats the basic colour, I also used the h74 in random spots as well as the xf 12 all well thinned.

DSCF0120_zps67d62bc9.jpg

Hope this helps

Cheers Bevan

• Like 2

Hey Dave, Formular for the green blue 76

Gunze H74 sky (duck egg green) 1ml from a syringe

Tamiya XF2 flat white 12 drops (off a cocktail stick)

Tamiya XF12 jn grey 2 drops. as above

Thats the basic colour, I also used the h74 in random spots as well as the xf 12 all well thinned.

DSCF0120_zps67d62bc9.jpg

Hope this helps

Cheers Bevan

That's a cracking finish Bevan

• Like 1

Cheers Bevan! I will have a play with that and see what I come up with.

I have been a bit naughty and started my build, as I am away for 4 weeks at the beginning of November... I will post up some pics tomorrow of what I have done so far

• Like 1

So I been building and painting the power plant assembly on my little head start... Its totally out of the box and I would love to add more, but keening to keep this moving along it I fly out for the UK in 15 days

2015-10-102016.09.14.jpg

Next is the Cockpit parts....

• Like 1

Been working on the cockpit... Its pretty much out of the box, bar some RB Production Harnesses and spare set of Eduard Rudder Pedals. I used the Kits decals for the IP's. I just cut them out separately from from the one piece decal. Pretty happy with how it turned out.

Fuse halfs has now been glued into place. I found a spare Eagle parts 5 piece gun cowl and Radiator Cowl that I had hidden away. I have used the Gun Cowl so far, but I have found the Radiator Cowl to be undersized, so I will most like roll with the Kit part.

2015-10-11%2021.20.05.jpg

2015-10-11%2021.19.37.jpg

2015-10-11%2021.19.41.jpg

I am planning next to glue up the wings and tail sections. Then I am looking at riveting it.. But I need to find a set of dividers... But it seems that none of the local stationary stores have any! So by the time get these glued, and find a set.... I will be heading out for my 4 week holiday, and this will be waiting for my return!

• Like 4