The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Eduard Bf 109E-4 W.Nr.5344 Maj. Helmut Wick

Hi Finally I have some time to post the progress I made from the last time
I cleaned up the seams and now very busy getting everything ready to get some paint on it heres some photos so far.
Here a photo how I closed the holes I used a black marker so it is already black so less trouble to get some black paint in the little corners.
DSC08008_zpsa67cf475.jpg
The canopy needed some work the middle part needed to get shorter about 0.8mm and after first paint I will fit the front and back so I can fill the little seams.
DSC08016_zps77da6256.jpg
The spinner and prop is dry fit so I can paint it separately.
DSC08011_zps861962d3.jpg
Did drilled the wing light out and fix them later when painting is done.
DSC08010_zpsf52a12fa.jpg
I made the antenna point yesterday and some more little adjustments that do not show now you see them when I get some paint progress photosDSC08009_zps2080ba23.jpg

Have fun Johan bos

• Like 2

Nice work so far! Have you add a plastic insert to the front stats?

Hi Dave yes I did I filled it up to the height of the wing top then sanded it back did leave the two slots that normally are visible when they drop open.

Johan Bos

Hi thx for the compliments, so i started on the first layer so I get  some idea how to do shade the panel lines.
I did the under side and sides RLM 76 all ready did highlight the panle lines with a darker blue.
I will prepare the panel lines and at last hope to do the special paint work as last.

the photos are not that sharp hope to do beter in a view day's
DSC08025_zps845bfb6e.jpg
DSC08034_zpsb42c5429.jpg
DSC08032_zpsd7f3be37.jpg
DSC08035_zps581ced54.jpg
Have fun
Johan bos

• Like 2

Hi thx for the compliments.
My first try to this paint effect the camera soort of highlight a lighter color soort of digital effect look at the Yellow much to light is darker in real life.
I have many photo's and the one on the box from aduard show a heavy used airframe the one I hope to get, so this efect of fine motling will get lightly covert with dirt as show in some photo's it looks so much softer.
well here the photo's and tel me what you thing about this sofar.
DSC08043_zps60b5e110.jpg
DSC08044_zpsd723ca48.jpg
Johan bos

Hi now the other side is done so far.
How did I do this, first I use the dark color RLM 71 I just use a drop of it and tap the paintbrush in it tap it a few times around the drop so the paint will not stain in one big drop.
It will take some time bud in the end it will cover the hole area hehe.
Now there will be some mistakes so after I have done the RLM71 I get the RLM 76 and becose it so much lighter the paint is thicker so I now try to remove all uneven spots and the result is that like you see on these lates photos is that now the surface is a bit rough so to get that smooth I use fine sandpaper 1000 get a even surface the result is that it will get a bit darker and a more even overall appearence.
DSC08046_zps4f1b46da.jpg
DSC08049_zps3734907b.jpg
Only now I need to do the Yellow tail.
have fun Johan bos

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hi thx for the compliments
I took the photos in a hurry so the lighting is a bit to bright but in the middle of putting on the decals need to do this now because I have to weather the decals.
DSC08075_zpse6db4555.jpg
DSC08076_zps7b6f2aa2.jpg
DSC08078_zpsab5ffcc2.jpg
DSC08079_zps345045cb.jpg
DSC08081_zps39192377.jpg
over to the Dragon
Johan Bos

• Like 3