The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Help with Vallejo / Tamiya RLM Colours Please

dr_gn

Guys,

I'm going to build an FW190, with the RLM 74, 75, 76 scheme (Grey Violet, Grey Green, Light Blue).

I've seen some completed models using Vallejo RLM colours, and the contrast between the 74 and 75 was poor - they looked almost the same colour. I'd like a bit more contrast with mine.

Can anyone tell me which paints - preferably from the Vallejo or Tamiya ranges - would do the job?

Thanks!

Vallejo has new RLM colors. I agree the old RLM 74 and 75 were way off....the new ones are great imho.

New colours are:

RLM 74: AV 71258

RLM 75: AV 71259

RLM 76: AV 71257 

bf109%20G-6%20white%2017-07_zpsef1wvmdt.

I use the new 74 and 75 on the 109 I'm building atm. 

WIP here: http://forum.largescalemodeller.com/topic/4676-132-revell-bf-109g-6-early-white-17-7-jg-53-italy-late-1943/

Hope this helps,

Rob

The AV is just an abreviation of the company... Acrylicos Vallejo S.L.

Vallejo RLM75 (Model Air 71.259 Grauviolet) and RLM74 (Model Air 71.258 Graugrün).

So far I only seen the airbrush version (Model Air).

I guess not all the shops carry them yet, but the Luftwaffe Colors 1941 to end war set Art.71166 (set of 8 RLM Colors) seems easy to find.

• Like 1

This morning I contacted Vallejo about the availability of the new colors.

Received a reply before I finished my coffee after sending it....that's fantastic!

The new colors are in their january 2016 catalogue and theyre available seperately...not only in the set of 8.

Naamloos_zpsaj0fv1uc.png

It's a matter of time before they show up in shops. 

This can take a while, because the shops need to update or get new/extra paint stands. Not all will do that straight away (if at all).

I can imagine shops just order paint they already have.

Vallejo will contact the importer of their paint in the Netherlands to make sure he'll have them available. 

My local shop (Houtloods) will also contact the importer to get them. I already pre-ordered 6 of each  :rolleyes:

Also excited about other new RLM colors...like the RLM 81.

Rob

This morning I contacted Vallejo about the availability of the new colors.

Received a reply before I finished my coffee after sending it....that's fantastic!

The new colors are in their january 2016 catalogue and theyre available seperately...not only in the set of 8.

Naamloos_zpsaj0fv1uc.png

It's a matter of time before they show up in shops. 

This can take a while, because the shops need to update or get new/extra paint stands. Not all will do that straight away (if at all).

I can imagine shops just order paint they already have.

Vallejo will contact the importer of their paint in the Netherlands to make sure he'll have them available. 

My local shop (Houtloods) will also contact the importer to get them. I already pre-ordered 6 of each  :rolleyes:

Also excited about other new RLM colors...like the RLM 81.

Rob

OK, so it turns out that since I last called in 2 weeks ago, my local hobby shop has closed down. The other UK supplier I use says the Vallejo RLM paints will be released individually in July, with UK stock available around September.

So I've gone with Tamiya paints for this one.

Thanks for the info.

• 3 weeks later...