The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Weta Open for Buisness!

FarEast

Well guys the Wetaworkshop/Wingnut Wings shop is now live!

All rumors are put to rest. No new releases to go with the new distribution system, to be honest I’m not surprised as the last thing they want is any issues with the system combined with a new release.

Also nice to stock levels for all the kits at different warehouses, sadly free shipping is at an end as we all knew it would be but now you can choose shipping method if ordering from the NZ warehouse (Have yet to check from other locations) and the shipping isn't so steep - from NZ your looking at about 23 USD putting the single seat scouts at about $100 USD. (you can also select currency as well!)

The Felixstowe comes in at a whopping $101.40 USD and only ships via FEDEx that is utter shite here in Japan! Soooooo glad I got it with free shipping!- although again this is from NZ so domestic shipping costs within the US and EU maybe different

Anyway let see how this all works out.

• Like 2

Today:

1 AEG $50.00 in shipping. From US to British Columbia coastal community.

1 DH2 $40.00 in shipping. Half the kit cost in shipping ?

I would venture to say that perhaps a lot of WW's popularity was due to low (reasonable) shipping costs.

• Administrators

Well guys the Wetaworkshop/Wingnut Wings shop is now live!

All rumors are put to rest. No new releases to go with the new distribution system, to be honest I’m not surprised as the last thing they want is any issues with the system combined with a new release.

Also nice to stock levels for all the kits at different warehouses, sadly free shipping is at an end as we all knew it would be but now you can choose shipping method if ordering from the NZ warehouse (Have yet to check from other locations) and the shipping isn't so steep - from NZ your looking at about 23 USD putting the single seat scouts at about $100 USD. (you can also select currency as well!)

The Felixstowe comes in at a whopping $101.40 USD and only ships via FEDEx that is utter shite here in Japan! Soooooo glad I got it with free shipping!- although again this is from NZ so domestic shipping costs within the US and EU maybe different

Anyway let see how this all works out.

Well, I`m a bit concern about the shipping cost to Portugal.... But I was quite happy to see that in EU the price is the same and it`s already in EU so no taxes... Anyaway, at the shipping cost show, it only be more cheaper to be already in the EU if you buy two and the combined shipping would be possible.

James where do you see the stock level?

Fran

Guest Dekenba

Note that the prices shown are before VAT at 21% is added for Europe.

This makes them very expensive kits - too much so for me I'm afraid.

Note that the prices shown are before VAT at 21% is added for Europe.

This makes them very expensive kits - too much so for me I'm afraid.

i am very very much an outsider in that i had quite a lot of these kits on two occassions and each time offloaded then realising that i was never going to build things with all that rigging

they are still beautiful kits though!

so to the extnet that i am not 'emotionally invested' in the WNW / WWI modelling area, here is my take....

the price, well, is the price, so only time will tell what sales will do

but one thing that drives me nuts is websites that show a price, show shipping, then you go to check out and THEN they suddenly spring VAT on the whole thing

they should be upfront about that sort of thing

and if anyone says oh it depends what country you are in as to what rate you pay, then the website should detect your IP address

this is fairly basic stuff in the retail world

or failing that, just ask you to select your location when first accessing the website

but for those moaning about the prices, well, you were warned - it's not like this all sprung up overnight

we had what, 5 years plus of free shipping...?

i just wish there had been a more effective way of dodging the thief tax imposed by the post office for collecting the other tax imposed by HMRC! :(

...one thing that drives me nuts is websites that show a price, show shipping, then you go to check out and THEN they suddenly spring VAT on the whole thing

they should be upfront about that sort of thing

and if anyone says oh it depends what country you are in as to what rate you pay, then the website should detect your IP address

this is fairly basic stuff in the retail world

or failing that, just ask you to select your location when first accessing the website

This may be a standard thing in the retail world, but we're talking about the freight world now which is a different kettle of fish.

Detecting IP adrresses is fine, but an unnecessary complication in a world of Proxy servers, and even mates shipping stuff to mates abroad because they can get it much cheaper that way. VAT (or GST as it is here in Au/NZ) will only be added as necessary once the final destination and shipping cost is known.

Just as an example, there are 650,000 New Zealand-born Australian residents as at 2013, many of whom regularly "cross the ditch" numerous times a year. None of these people who might use an NZ IP address are subject to NZ GST if their shipping destination is an Australian address (and at this point in time no Australian GST is applied to goods sourced from overseas). You need to confirm where it's going before the appropriate Government can mis-appropriate the cream from on top.

S