The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Are you a LSM member? Then show us your work!

JeroenPeters

Guest DannyVM

I'm guilty ;) ...........but it's been a while that i took a look around here..............so no posting or lurking for a few last months around here.

Reason...............well, private life, work and other thing's that keep me away from posting on this forum.

Well, that said, great topic Jeroen, you shakend us awake, so time to start a new threat.

Greetz

Danny

• 2 months later...

Hi everybody, came upon this thread, and being a rookie with LSM, i should indeed present some of my models.

Now some of you who know me from LSP, witnessed my very slow building pace, but this picture is covering several 1/32 models, of which the Tigercat (or was it the Kingfisher?) was the last one i completed more or less in 2010/11.

Oh, and still have to finish the Lightning nightfighter....go figure:

IMG_0899_zpstivqsju7.jpg

Jack.

Guilty as well I have to admit - the reason I don't post here is that I post my stuff on LSP and on Facebook and I didn't want to bore everybody with re-posting my stuff over here as well.

Anyway, here are a few pretty crappy pics of the stuff I usually do. I enjoy building things which aren't available on the market and I like doing stuff myself - CAD designing and 3D printing parts or doing them by hand, drawing my own decals etc. I am pretty much devoted to scratchbuilding or cutting kits into pieces and putting them back together in a slightly different way, as long as it's a US Navy or Marines subject.

Here's my RF-8G, based on Trumpeter's F-8E:

146641809768622000_resized.jpg

And the model I am currently working on, an EA-6B Prowler based on Trumpeter's A-6A. I hope to finish it on time fir the BSMC show at Putte on December 11th. Both conversions have been made from scratch.

IMG_0607.jpg

• Like 1

Why is it that people think they are boring others with their work. Stop thinking like that. Everyone has something to contribute and learn. That's what forums (fora, forii) like LSM are about.

Nice collection Jack, really like the Bronco.

Cees

Thanks Cees, the Bronco was started a whole lot of years ago by LSP Lee White from Long island as a vacform project, and i received the basic parts and finished it.

The Mohawk on the other hand is scratchbuilt, but i would do that one different today, still waiting for a IM kit :rolleyes:

Jack.

• Like 1

Ben, super great work, that recce crusader is looking awesome!!!

Ofcourse the Prowler is top notch too, you're taking both to the Putte show?

cheers,

Jack.

Cheers Jack! I'll take them both with me. Will you expose at Putte as well?

Cheers Jack! I'll take them both with me. Will you expose at Putte as well?

Hope to be able to visit the convention, i think i will, but without models of my own, the ones i showed are pretty old and i didn't built in a long time, so i'm trying to get into the game again in LSP with a "jurasic Group build".

So, see you in Putte.

groeten,

Jack.

• 1 month later...

Jeroen- I have been lurking here awhile, but have not exhibited any work here yet. Being that I am in the process of restoring a 1/1 airplane, I have not had the amount of modelling time I would like. That said, I like the work going on here, and this site is certainly growing on me.

I recognize some of you here from LSP. And I am sure some of you will know me from there as well.

I will get better about posting, when I can.

THOR    :ph34r:

Hey Brian,

Good to see you again. The pace moves quite a bit slower over here, but there's none of the incessant "Not another XYZ" posts that punctuate the threads on some other sites, yet the quality of the Modelling being done still manages to shine through. Life sometimes gets in the way of the hobby, but just remember to do whatever it is you do with passion.

Cheers,

Steve.

Guest DannyVM

got to say its a bit quiet round here lately.

Indeed, i had that thought also, that said...............

Yes and no.

It is true that there is not a lot of activity on in the modeling discussion and work in progress at the moment (perhaps due to holidays etc) but we DO have a lot of viewers, visitors and a steady new member count.

at a certain point i can agree with Jeroen, but only with viewers or visitors or a steady new member count, a forum isn't alive.

Yes, it's a start and a positive advancement, but only that will not save a forum. Sorry if i am a little bit on the negative side ( no need for that ) but I've seen it on a few forums, and they are dead at the moment.

So indeed Jeroen, your topic here give's us a wake up call and that is always a very good starting point.

Now for me, if i post some progress on other forums, i post it also automatically on LSM.  Posting on more then one forum can not be an excuse for not posting here, because it's not much more work, just a matter of copy and paste, et voila, job done.

At the moment i'm busy with painting the Corsair, so stay tuned for progress pic's soon.

Greetz

Danny

Thanks for putting this topic up, front and center!

For me, most of 2016 was "lost" - almost no bench time between work schedule and some illness in the family. Even so, I did get some postable work done, and even had pics on my iPhone. I just didn't feel up to admitting how little I was doing... :D

I did get some time starting in November, so I managed to get some work done and I'm finally caught up with my WIP reporting. The Picket Boat is into its third year (!!!) of construction, but the light at the end of the proverbial tunnel is getting much brighter.

I love this site and the work I see here is an inspiration! My hope is someday to be half as good as the rest of you.

• 2 weeks later...