The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Ta-152H-0 awaiting restoration at the NASM

• Administrators

Very cool! At this speed, she'll be done for the end of the month.

Did you check those wing root joints? I scraped away a little at the joint so they recessed a little further.

Wingroots? Who need wing roots when they place the wings on a separate jig? :)

• Administrators

Jeroen...  I think the rocker covers should be black.  The rest of the engine is bare metal.  That thing really looks the part!

Brian

Exact! They are black. And the rest of the engine is aluminium that I lightly sprayed and chipped with medium grey to match the photo's.

Crawling along!

Wow, love this build, and those detail pictures from the real thing are fantastic ! It wil be quite a challenge to give the fuselage and engine the right look. 

Really looking forward to that,

Frank

• Like 1

• Administrators

The tail in this kit is the metal version, but the version I'm making has the wooden tail.

This means:

- removing some detail on the inside of the tail. You can see in the reference photo that the inside is smooth and bare.

- Sanding down all the detail on the hatch and rebuild it with green card. Needs some more work: smoothening out the corners and it needs the two locks.

- the detail on the tailwheel assembly is poor... I'm building this from scratch.

02479428-2FB6-4121-8D4A-0B6430E0A7A7_zps

Ta%20152H%20wood%20tail.jpg

• Like 2

• Administrators

Engine looks lovely. Is that an original .303 rifle?

,Jeroen,

powerplant package is looking very nice... what's yer weapon of choice?

Cheers!

Yes, it's an original Lee Enfield No4 mk1 Long Branch .303 from 1943.

I also own an M1 Carbine from 1943 and a Browning HP 9mm from 1965.

• Administrators

Looking good Jeroen. How does the Lee Enfield shoot? I vaguely remember my grandfather using one in the mid 70s to shoot vermin on the farm. I think he may have got it when he was in the Home Guard.

The Enfield has a pretty good kick in the shoulder but is super accurate, even with the iron sight.

My favourite gun at the moment..

• Like 1

The cowls are pretty much as you desire.  As the fuselage sits on the skid, all the panels are present except the bottom cowl panels; you can display them as desired. The latching is functional for the top (gun) cowl.  Take your pick...

• Like 2

• Administrators

That tail hatch looks lovely, all the scratch work has been worth it. Is there a specific purpose to separating the cowling sections?

The cowls are pretty much as you desire.  As the fuselage sits on the skid, all the panels are present except the bottom cowl panels; you can display them as desired. The latching is functional for the top (gun) cowl.  Take your pick...

Cheers guys,

I am planning on opening up the rear cowling just a little. As if its not fully closed. I have a set of PE Luftwaffe latches that I will use.