The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Ta-152H-0 awaiting restoration at the NASM

• Administrators

Always nice to see some paint splattered on the plastic. Those flaps look great, these are the metal ones right?

Only the top parts. The flap themselves I binned after they became a frustration and testimony of incapability.

• Administrators

Aaaalmost ready for paint.

I replaced the fuselage hatch with one from the Verlinden(!!) sin190D9 one since I will pose it open. Perfect fit. Who would have thought..

As you can see the hatch detail needs some attention.

D1EF7D28-1E3F-4971-9E2D-4622B6C16CE4_zps

• Like 2

The gear doors have a different shape than the openings.

It is strange that ZM missed the forward kink at the top of the Main Gear cover... but the gap on the trailing edge should be there. The Fw190 also has this missing wedge at the top of the "Fürungsshiene mit Abdeckung" triangle to allow clearance when retracting.

S

• Like 1

• Administrators

It is strange that ZM missed the forward kink at the top of the Main Gear cover... but the gap on the trailing edge should be there. The Fw190 also has this missing wedge at the top of the "Fürungsshiene mit Abdeckung" triangle to allow clearance when retracting.

S

Indeed! I left this as is. 

Cheers

• Like 1

Very interesting the table of work I liked a lot, the table where the model is great, apparently the model was not as difficult as it was talked about, again I say very interesting and great work, pending further progress, best regards.

Very interesting the table of work I liked a lot, the table where the model is great, apparently the model was not as difficult as it was talked about, again I say very interesting and great work, pending further progress, best regards.

• Administrators

I'm doing the paintwork patch by patch, using the photo references as a guide.

The tail and fuselage will be the hardest. Using RLM76, RLM82 and various lighter shades of grey to achieve the patchwork faded look.

Also using some hairspray and Alclad to beat things up.

DE67366E-2216-42B9-9526-CF014A092A1C_zps

Step 2:

06EC899F-8629-4ABB-8AA9-7AA403868E95_zps

And some panels:

938D2406-2AD5-4386-88A0-623F8F53B52C_zps

• Administrators

The kettle calling the pot black...

Jim the Kettle? I don't follow..

I scourged some old masks from my spare parts box. 

Trying to figure out the layers of paint that i need to build up. I'm slightly sanding the black swastika paint down to get a faded look.

E4C9F8E6-3C43-4BD4-9F56-D7A0707C2410_zps

440350E0-1E41-4102-841E-9840C875904C_zps

The swastika you see here is the original one, positioned higher than the US painted later one. Sandwiched between these old and new swastika is the RAF red white and blue square.

Ta%20152H%20crop1_zpsdxqkcawv.jpg

• Like 1

well, its an expression...  when one accuses another of something he is more or less guilty of.  Both the pot and the kettle sit on the same fire, and both are blackened.

I shouldn't be talking, as I have not completed a model project in ages myself! 

• Administrators

well, its an expression...  when one accuses another of something he is more or less guilty of.  Both the pot and the kettle sit on the same fire, and both are blackened.

I shouldn't be talking, as I have not completed a model project in ages myself! 

Relating to my work?