(with a cigarrete)

Französischer Sous-lieutenant

Zigarrette Rauchend

Kellerkind Miniaturen

(from Martin Hille)

IMG_9162_zpsf5hpyshq.jpg

Catalogue n.º  54/066

Price tag: € 16,95

Kellerkind Miniaturen has made their path into the modelling market always with nice and original subjects and exquisite quality.

Behind Kellerking is Martin Hille, a sculptor with great qualities and whom work I have been following in WnW fans facebook page and in Kellerkind facebook page for quite some while and I`m really honor to had to opportunity to make this review.

Here we are going to review the lasts figure out from Kellerkind studios, a French Pilot with a cigarrete.

I confess that I did not found this figure on Kellerkind website but it was for sale in Scale Model Challenge where Martin kindly gave me this one as a review sample.

This figure came in a plastic little opening plastic box with all the 3 resin parts inside well packed.

The figure only have 3 resin pieces, a full standing figure with torso, legs and right arm in one piece and head and left arm in separate.

IMG_9168_zps5tm2etvn.jpg

IMG_9166_zpsmncee3iw.jpg

The box art is not really anything that the figure all set and ready to be paint.

So it’s a picture of the product, of what you will get without paint.

The cleaning is almost zero and the resin block is quite easy to remove with a saw without losing any details as they are on the shoes. The head and left arm also have connection point in lace that are not to be seen after construction.

The figure has a brilliant composition and posture and the left arm odes contribute a lot to that pose and expression with the cigar at its end being the cherry on top of the cake.

IMG_9969_zpsx3eppqdh.jpg

IMG_9966_zpskxst2plb.jpg

The fit was not quite perfect but very easy to get by just a bit of cleaning in the attaching point of the arm.

The only little low, for me on this figure is the facial expression. Its just too sad, it’s a man with a very sad look. We can see for another point of view… It’s a very concentrated man, knowing the danger and fate that he faces every single day in war.

I think that the sadness is a bit too much on this one but its a very personal opinion.

IMG_9968_zpsyqkjjwvb.jpg

The detail on the clothes are as usual, top noch.

Amazing really, the pics do not make justice to this figure.

Conclusion:

This figure is a really great add to any vignette or diorama with a 1:32 French aircraft like the wnW Salmson.

The quality casting is superb and his pose is very good. My only reservation is the facial expression but it’s just a personal opinion.

Highly recommended.

My sincerely thanks to Martin Hille, the man behind KellerKind for the review samples.

12607257_1658281561093558_153281753_n_zp

(You can buy directly here  and if you do don`t forget to mention Wingnut Wing Fans and Large Scale Modeller and join Kellerkind on their facebook page)

Francisco

• Like 1