The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Major overhaul of my modeling room.

Guest DannyVM

Guest DannyVM

Hi Guy's,

lately i've been busy reorganizing my modeling area. Some major changes needed to be taken due to the small area i have for my modeling task's. Last Sunday at the Modeling convention in Putte i purchased some Hobbyzone modules for storage and better organizing of my tools.

This was the old set-up

zCG8Mem.jpg

U3AqyuR.jpg

And this is the new one.

jtRnooJ.jpg

Am6AGhA.jpg

f6fgjGF.jpg

And my humble little stash got also a new location, closer to me.

ZhDlnGN.jpg

Greetz

Danny

In the beginning there was chaos, now it looks a little like Capitan Kirks commando post at the bridge of the Enterprise :) .

I like it a lot, these Organizers are really great.

Congrats to your newly arranged workplace and there are some nice kits waiting to get attention.

• Like 1

Hi Danny, I thought my stach was getting a little to big but you got some work cut out for yourself. I noticed an old "matchbox" kit of the seavenom, I loved building those 2 coloured kits when I was a young pup, it's probably worth some $ now due to its age! Well done with your workbench, it's a work of art. What's the next project? Cheers. Oz

Guest DannyVM

That is quite the Command Center. 

Oh yes, and funny part is, i'm the only crew in here, so i can be captain :D  :lol:

I noticed an old "matchbox" kit of the seavenom, I loved building those 2 coloured kits when I was a young pup, it's probably worth some $ now due to its age!

Well Mark, i got two of them, the original Matchbox kit and the Revell kit, which is in fact the same kit, because Revell used the old Matchbox mold's. Same here, when i was a young boy i used to build the Matchbox Sea Venom, so i got this kit for nostalgic reasons, and the Revell kit i have for the decals, because those of the original Matchbox kit are FUBAR. 

Well done with your workbench, it's a work of art. What's the next project? Cheers. Oz 

Thank's Mark. I'm still busy on the Tamiya Corsair which i will re-start soon.

Greetz

Danny

Guest DannyVM

Color Gizmo Happy.  I love HZ product.  I continuously add on when applicable.

Thank's Rick for the nice comment. :thumbsup2:  :thumbsup2:

wow!|!! Nice Cave Man!!!  :D 

Thank's Francisco for the nice comment. :thumbsup2:  :thumbsup2:

Today i put some paintings on the wall of my modeling room, two of them where purchased years ago by my late father, and they become real jewels in my collection, so to honor him i put them on the wall of my modeling room.

I have not much space to put them so, i needed some brain work to hang them up. The painting of the two F-16's was already there.

k1TqCcB.jpg

mG0jm2G.jpg

And very important, my Corsair re-claimed his place onto the workbench.

r5wr3S6.jpg

Tomorrow i will add some bookshelf s and drawers and some display cases, and the whole modeling room will be finished.

Greetz

Danny

Guest DannyVM

You sure you have enough in your stash?  I'm green with envy. 

Indeed, i can get myself busy for some time. :D

Very nice workspace Danny, worlds apart from my diner table workspace.  :D

Thank's Cees. No matter what kind of work area you have, it's the result that count's, that's the most important aspect of our hobby.

At the moment my modeling room is completely finished. After some minor issues with the grounding of the book cases onto the wall, i have managed to Finnish the modeling room before Christmas, and i must say, i'm very happy with the result. Today i filled the display cases with some models. Still my flight helmet stay's in it's old display cases because i'm in the progress to obtain another flight helmet, a HGU-26P with MBU-5 mask. Still that deal isn't round yet, so i have to wait.

Here's the setting, first without models.

aRFmX17.jpg

And with the models added.

1LhBQY4.jpg

Greetz

Danny

Looking good Danny. Nice to see some of the Shepherd Neame Spitfire bottles in there, it's a nice beer at the 'light' end of the scale. Their Bishop's Finger is nice as well. Interesting that you've got everything on bases as that's something I've never tried but the results are mightily impressive. 

Guest DannyVM

Looking good Danny. Nice to see some of the Shepherd Neame Spitfire bottles in there, it's a nice beer at the 'light' end of the scale. Their Bishop's Finger is nice as well. Interesting that you've got everything on bases as that's something I've never tried but the results are mightily impressive. 

Thank's for the nice comment :thumbsup2:  :thumbsup2:

Indeed, it's a nice beer, and very nice bottles also. I'm glad i have them in my display case because they are so unique.

Normally when i finish a model, i always try to get them as soon as possible onto a base. Most bases are mdf with exception of the Spitfire base, that's fiberboard with around it profile slats.

Greetz

Danny