The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Bf 110D-3, 6./ZG 76, "M8+AP" (1/32 Dragon)

• Administrators

Hey Mike

Thought I'd dig this one up as just looking at this bird or maybe another similar ZG76 110...

First, awesome build!!!

Anyway, do you have any pics of Nacke's mount, and can it be discerned whether it is a D or a E model?

DML have it as a D, whereas Eduard have it as a E (in their 1/48 kit instructions...)

Sadly Google was not my friend this time so wondering if you could help?

Cheers

Nick

You building soon?

My Hess Bf 110E-1 is almost complete, and I can say that I found the kit to build up great. No fit issues are wing alignment problems. Take your time, and just double check everything a few times, and you'll have no problem. I would also add the tail fuse section to the main fuse BEFORE you glue the main fuse up. Treat it as part of the main fuse when you close things up.

• Like 1

• Members

Hey Mike

Thought I'd dig this one up as just looking at this bird or maybe another similar ZG76 110...

First, awesome build!!!

Anyway, do you have any pics of Nacke's mount, and can it be discerned whether it is a D or a E model?

DML have it as a D, whereas Eduard have it as a E (in their 1/48 kit instructions...)

Sadly Google was not my friend this time so wondering if you could help?

Cheers

Nick

Nick, I spoke with John Vasco about this trying to ascertain what model it was, I believe the gist of the conversation (from what I recall) was it could have been either since there was the possibility that there was more than one aircraft with the "M8+AP" code.  There is a well known photo of this aircraft in flight next to "M8+SP" and in that photo there is no fuselage extension for the life raft.  Whether it's a "C" or an "E", I have no clue.

Addendum: I seem to recall John stating that the Eduard profile was not correct either, FWIW.

m8cp_zps6822562c.jpg

Thanks guys

The pic isn't good quality enough (for me feeble eyes) to see either the air intake on the nose, or the enlarged rudder tabs; both of these if seen on a 110 can be used to lock it down as an E variant

My research has also lead me to ask whether a) if all those showing the Trop filters and extended MG tubes in nose were E-3 variants and b ) whether by extension all these carried cameras instead of MG FF 20mm cannon?

There are a few pics in John Vasco's book but none from above/ far back enough to get a feel for what needs to be scratched...

As always, for such a well known type, there is always more to know!

Cheers

N

PS these 110s are still dirt cheap atLuckyModel btw ;)

• 4 weeks later...

...... Greetings Mike;

Excellently build, and painted Me-110 ..............  doggyh10.gif

Your DB-601 engine is also nicely rendered, and looks good. I like how you brought out the ignition wiring,

and the color of the caps to the igniters, (Spark Plugs). I think it is ............  bouncy10.gif .... titts.

Mike

• Like 1