Welcome to Large Scale Modeller
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Lamborghini Huracan - 1/24 by Aoshima

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic
elmarriachi
  • Members
  • 162 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • LSM Member
  • LocationGermany, Stuttgart
  • Last active: Jan 09 2017 10:57 AM
Here is a new project which I have started several days ago during my Christmas vacation. It is the Lamborghini Huracan in 1/24 by Aoshima. A wonderful kit full of nice details.
Additionally there is a set of etched parts available which is adding great details to the car.... 
So here we go ...

The chassis... steering front axle, green brake saddles and chromed wheels. The details on the engine deck are metal stickers from the add-on parts set.

b5fjeiei.jpg

m9yy6do6.jpg

by9l49qe.jpg

kv3dwi7i.jpg

Some first colors at the interior... it will be matt black with batt green later... (same color as for the exterieur, but matt). A clear coat matt follows ...

fvbk7zdp.jpg

tx4lh7kn.jpg

Some etched mesh installed, some first parts of the body put together and some primers.... then a first layer of Tamiya light green as a kind of "primer" for the "real paint job" :)  ....

j24b4po6.jpg

u9tpskwi.jpg

joaa7kum.jpg

xtw8a4z5.jpg

ooeu6qtf.jpg

o5mdaogi.jpg

pkwb4ekn.jpg

lmzg6yf5.jpg

htcrg3mh.jpg

7fvwlfko.jpg

So far for now ...

Cheers
Micha

elmarriachi
  • Members
  • 162 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • LSM Member
  • LocationGermany, Stuttgart
  • Last active: Jan 09 2017 10:57 AM
Hello,

the interior painting is mostly finished. The green parts were painted with a shiny light green from Tamiya, then masked and the black areas painted with Lifecolor matt black. A flat clear coat follows to give the green a flat look like leather.
Now further small details will be painted and further parts added ....

bcl6893g.jpg

kvz5qict.jpg

ryutbj46.jpg

After the grey primer and wet sanding followed a first "primer" with Tamiya's shiny light green which I have sanded smooth after its drying.
The main painting was made in color "Lamborghini Verde Mantis" from Zero Paints. The original color of the Lamborghini Huracán. It was sprayed in 3 thin layers, the body put in a chest during the drying time to avoid any dust in the paint.
As soon as the color was fully dry I have added two thin layers clear coat. Mr. Hobby's "Mr Super Clear Gloss" was used from the spray can. 
I think the result is great... I love it. A very glossy, clean surface and a great green metallic color - nearly as the real one. Now I will keep it some time for full drying .... 

n94ai4oc.jpg

xplxx2er.jpg

c5cpmaxm.jpg

jd3vjcjb.jpg

vxb5okob.jpg

kp2jeepo.jpg

Cheers
Micha

• JeroenPeters, coolboxx and GusMac like this

GusMac
  • Members
  • 274 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • LSM Member
  • LocationRural NE Scotland
  • Last active: Yesterday, 11:06 PM
You would certainly be visible driving that. Every speed cop in the region would be after you!