The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Eduard P-47D Thunderbolt "Dottie Mae" WIP

Guest DannyVM

Guest DannyVM

Hi guy's,

this week i got my hand's on the Eduard P-47 kit, so i said it before, once it's mine i will start it.evil_laugh.gif

After some painstaking problem's with the MIG 23, and today again, i decided to start this one also. Still i will make more progress on the MIG 23 nose cone until i figured it all out, but that's for the appropriate topic.

For now, this is the kit, and what's inside of it.

r7WmYBPl.jpg

ZTPTYyGl.jpg

The typical Eduard instructions

xxMxvO1l.jpg

nHf5ytMl.jpg

And the extra's

dw9AJTDl.jpg

JTXNXZHl.jpg

The color scheme will be "Dottie Mae", which is at the moment at the Planes of Fame museum in Restoration progress.

This will be an oob build.

Greetz

Danny

I just love the Jugs, straight powerful design which screams durability.

As a teaser I want to show you a picture from a close neighbor of Dottie Mae. It is another P-47 from Yanks-Museum, directly besides Planes of Fame in Chino.

I have some more detail pics of that P-47. If you are interested i might put them into the Walkaround-Section.

Cheers

Rob

P1070180_zps5inokwu6.jpg 

• Like 1

Guest DannyVM

I just love the Jugs, straight powerful design which screams durability.

As a teaser I want to show you a picture from a close neighbor of Dottie Mae. It is another P-47 from Yanks-Museum, directly besides Planes of Fame in Chino.

I have some more detail pics of that P-47. If you are interested i might put them into the Walkaround-Section.

Cheers

Rob

Rob, i wanna thank you for your reply. And thank's for the offer, i appreciate it allot. If it's not to much trouble i would like to see some walk around pic's.

I've had a lifelong love of the P-47 - looking forward to this!

Nice to see that you step into the front seat :thumbsup2:

I have one of those in my stash!! Looking forward to see your build!  :) 

Your one of the lucky Francisco :thumbsup2:  :thumbsup2:

Greetz

Danny

Guest DannyVM

Nice subject, I was amazed when they pulled the aircraft from the lake and the condition was amazing. Some very nice pics on facebook regarding the restoration to fly.

Cees

Thank's Cees,

indeed same thought's here. I hope to see her soon to fly.

Hi Danny, my pleasure Senhor,

I opened a new topic in the Walk-Around-Section and left some photos there. Hope that helps.

http://forum.largesc...ino-california/

Greetings to all the Juggernauts

Rob

Rob, a big thank's mate, much appreciated my friend. :thumbsup2:  :thumbsup2:

Greetz

Danny

Guest DannyVM

Will be an interesting pending project of the table of work of the P-47

Thank's Jorge for the nice comment. :thumbsup2:

Looking forward to this one Danny. I too have one in the stash and the original Hasegawa boxing also so I have 2! 

Very nice. I have also the Trumpeter P-47D, but i learned that this one is a little more complicated then the Hasegawa kit.

Greetz

Danny

Nice subject Danny, I've got one on order just to see the difference between the trumpeter kit I've just built as a muck around kit. I wish there was a decent kit of the razorback as I like its brutal shape. Will start on the 'owl' again when this heat relents in the Southern Hemisphere! Its too hot to find inspiration at the moment. Good luck with the build!

Guest DannyVM

Nice subject Danny, I've got one on order just to see the difference between the trumpeter kit I've just built as a muck around kit. I wish there was a decent kit of the razorback as I like its brutal shape. Will start on the 'owl' again when this heat relents in the Southern Hemisphere! Its too hot to find inspiration at the moment. Good luck with the build! 

Thank's Mark,

it's a great kit, and compared with the Trumpeter kit it seems like a more simple way to achieve thing's, but never less a good one.

Greetz

Danny

Guest DannyVM

Time to show you guy's some WIP photo's.

Like i said before, i'm gonna build this kit oob. Except for some  scratch build items. 

I made a start with the IP. Sanded al the details to make the IP ready to receive some colored pe. Also some pe is added to replace some plastic items.

5FPx3Cwl.jpg

4A00EcNl.jpg

On the back i drilled some holes into the instruments for the wiring.

NNK8pMIl.jpg

Same go's with the side wall's of the cockpit.

foKpgvzl.jpg

2IDnpiAl.jpg

Cockpit floor

irq9xbFl.jpg

KbneHhyl.jpg

And finally i took some time to construct the pe pilot's seat.

fdW3k1vl.jpg

qXETbGkl.jpg

di1VFXal.jpg

TB3dn2Gl.jpg

Tomorrow i gonna try to put some primer and paint onto the cockpit section's.

Greetz

Danny

Guest DannyVM

Encouraging the start of the table to what will be a great job in its finalization, pedientes of more advances, I liked the beginning with the photo cuts and the cabling realized in the cabin.

Thank's Jorge for the kind words.

There is still need for improvement inside the kit's cockpit, so today i will carry on to do the detail work.

Greetz

Danny

Danny,

This is the YP-47M.  Use some judgement on the interior green, it looks a bit bright to me.  All equipment otherwise is factory and gov't spec.

Thunderbolt_M.jpg

Enjoying your effort here.... pm me if you want larger fie of it.

Brian

Guest DannyVM

Thank's Brian for this nice photo.  :thumbsup2:  :thumbsup2:

i wanted also a corrugated firewall so i decided to scratch build one.

TB3dn2Gl.jpg

Then, the pilot's head-rest. Hasegawa gave two options, a half round and a square example. 

ErGsoCcl.jpg

I did some research and it seem's that "Dottie Mae" had a square one.

lqqivqul.jpg

So decision made

And finally, primer and paint. I tried to replicate the cockpit color as much as i could using cockpit green and black. The result isn't what i expected but it will do the job. Once i will wheater the cockpit colors changes allot, so i will wait and see.

aY80njJl.jpg

Greetz

Danny

Guest DannyVM

Hi Michael, i just noticed your topic, and i'm very curious about it. I really am curious about how you gonna tackle this kit mate.

Greetz

Danny