The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Any news on HpH A-20

crazypoet

I recall seeing a note somewhere that HpH was working up a 1:32 A-20 Havoc with a projected 2017 release. Has anyone heard any news on this?

I've been looking for the Havoc in 1:32 for the longest.

I already plan their 1:32 PBY for my birthday gift to myself this year; if they add the A-20, I'll just have to celebrate a bit *more*

• Like 2

I recall seeing a note somewhere that HpH was working up a 1:32 A-20 Havoc with a projected 2017 release. Has anyone heard any news on this?

I've been looking for the Havoc in 1:32 for the longest ...

You and me both :)

According to sources close to the powers that be at HpH ... The Havoc is still a ways off ... next serving is the F7F Tigercat

somewhere else in the mix is a DC3 and Me.323 (Yep ... THAT big!)

Rog :)

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Can't wait for this one ... One of my faves ...

Rather depressing, though, that they didn't make moulds that allow for modulated construction ... like a nose piece that could be exchanged for a glazed piece or a separate fitment for the dorsal section with the Martin turret that could be swapped out to create an earlier incarnation in a future boxing.

• Like 1

With you on this one, Rog. I much preferred the glazed-nose sans-turret versions (not that it would change my purchasing decision - as I am doing camoed things. So a totally irrelevant opinion for the guys selling it :lol:)

Hubert

• Like 1

While I love that they are producing exactly the version I most wanted to build first - the gun-nosed G version - I agree that tooling which allows for other versions would be most welcome!

the A-20/Boston has stories to tell in many versions and under many flags

This is an aircraft that I would *love* to see in multiple versions!

• Like 1

You know, as I look at their mockup, it seems like they may be already planning for multiple boxing’s - they have clear dividing lines that might be useful for different pieces to be fitted

i can see the possibility of different noses and turret/no turret versions in the tooling they are showing off here

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, crazypoet said:

You know, as I look at their mockup, it seems like they may be already planning for multiple boxing’s - they have clear dividing lines that might be useful for different pieces to be fitted

i can see the possibility of different noses and turret/no turret versions in the tooling they are showing off here

When I first looked at the nose I thought the same ... with the big seam around the circumference of the nose section ...

Certainly there were no major external changes to the overall shape of the fuselage, nacelles, wings, tailplane etc ... Like the Bf.110C-E - this kit screams multi-kit ability ... Just swap the nose over - 2 new sprues with the nose piece, some internals and a clear perspex section ... maybe add a couple of cheek blisters ... done!

But there is no similar section where the Martin turret is - where there WAS major change ... if that whole dorsal section was a drop-in arrangement ... a later boxing might have had new tooled paneling section without the bulge for the turret, fresh internals and a clear rear canopy ... as it stands it would be an AM job to "Cut-N-Shunt" a new resin dorsal section in.

But ... cut HGW some slack ... it IS their first rodeo ;)

• Like 1