The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Welcome to the revamped LSM

James H

• Administrators

Hi folks,

In its old incarnation, LSM was operating on an old legacy system software system that would no longer be supported from April this year. The removal of support meant that critical updates and patches would no longer be available. That would of course compromise our community. The decision was made to do this major upgrade to v4 of IPB. This was something that we needed to liaise with the provider over, and the changes are quite radical. 

We implore you to play with the system and look around before posting questions regarding changes. There is nothing you can break, so go explore. We have far more features with this software, than ever before, and more possibilities to exploit. 

Notice we ditched the darker appearance in favour of something more appealing. If you like further simplicity, then there is an 'alternative' theme that can be accessed from the bottom of the page. 

You will notice that one legacy from the conversion are the extra line breaks (spaces) in between paragraphs and in your signatures. With the signatures, please can you edit them and remove those spaces to condense them, or they will look ugly.

Enjoy the site and get dome modelling work posted here!

LSM TEAM

• Like 4

Guest DannyVM

Indeed, it look's very nice. I also like the alternative design theme. But they are both very attractive and much better then before.:unworthy:

Great work guy's, really great work.

Greetz

Danny

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I love the new site layout...except for one tiny thing... :)

The "home" button is at the top of each page, as it should be - but it would save the odd second or three if it also appeared at the *bottom* of each page as well.

i like to browse through all the current updates when I log in, all of which appear on the home screen.  When I get to the bottom of a post, I have to scroll back to the top of the screen to get to the home button...

admittedly the "back" button on my browser does almost the same job, but it doesn't reflect updates/changes as quickly.

any chances?  It's nothing earth-shattering, just a little convenience thing, but it would save me literally *tens* of seconds every day! :D

• Like 1

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, crazypoet said:

I love the new site layout...except for one tiny thing... :)

The "home" button is at the top of each page, as it should be - but it would save the odd second or three if it also appeared at the *bottom* of each page as well.

i like to browse through all the current updates when I log in, all of which appear on the home screen.  When I get to the bottom of a post, I have to scroll back to the top of the screen to get to the home button...

admittedly the "back" button on my browser does almost the same job, but it doesn't reflect updates/changes as quickly.

any chances?  It's nothing earth-shattering, just a little convenience thing, but it would save me literally *tens* of seconds every day! :D

True. A 'back to top' button would be nice...

We'll have a look into this. Sometimes it's a feature that's already in a template that can be switched on.

• Like 1