The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

The Bargain Bin... Where is that latest Hot Deal!

Dave J

I just had this idea after seeing a post that Matt had up on his Facebook page.... All Modellers love super discounts and deals on everything model related! So..what have you seen and where is it??? Please keep it LSM related, Tools and Books are welcome!

The deal that Matt posted up...

Trumpeter 1/32 F6F3N Hellcat Night Fighter at Amazon $34.99!

trumpeter02258reviewme_box.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Trumpeter-F6F3N-Hellcat-Night-Fighter/dp/B000OVGW5M/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1372363950&sr=8-2&keywords=trumpeter+hellcat

• Like 1

I guess this thread will always be continent specific :(

As an aside, is that kit any good??

Indeed! Offending posts will be deleted!

Its not a bad kit.(IMO).. reviews are pretty good for it

Ok, to clarify, I am referring to sale prices

The Arado has been available on eBay consistently for less than £20 for well over a year; I haven't seen a 219 for £25 but then i haven't been looking as I already have one - I agree that it is consistently available mid 30s and only going one way...

The common denominator is Revell: great value kits even at full retail here in Europe, and tend to get cheaper with time.

Modelzone has just gone into administration btw - and they were the only shop I saw with any real deals to compare with deals offered in US, or with far eastern prices in general

Back on track, I have just had a Tamiya Spit IXc delivered airmail for £71 from Seal Model.

Deal with confidence, and make sure you ask them to 'help out' with the customs declaration value ;)

It does make me feel a little insulted when UK retailers - Hannants! - list this at....

...£140!!!

indeed

and remember that bricks and mortar is the future of the hobby

and pretty soon all the internet forums will fizzle out, and i'll be writing this post with pen and paper, then trot off to the post box...

...at least according to some

;)

• Like 1

Today (6/28) Squadron's selling 1/32 Hasegawa Fw 190A-8s for $36...

Also for those US-based, next week is the 4th. Which always means sales of some form or another.

Sickeningly cheap!!

Though I have pledged no 190 buying until Zoukei-mura's kit

;)

Of course we over in the UK should not neglect the smaller online seller also.

A case in point is our very own Grant at ArrowWolf. One of the best value kits i have seen in a very long time at a bargain price of 27.50 right here............

http://www.arrow-wolf.com/product/trumpeter-mikoyan-gurevich-mig-3/

Martin.

Thank you Martin .. appreciate your support.    All of my kits are well below RRP and I intend to keep them like that but within reason as I have get something out of it. Oh course, there'll always be an exception but if there is  .. call me and we see what we can do.  Always remember too that LSM Members receive a discount on purchases over £50.00.

The shop Nick has found is marvellous but you are reliant on their help with customs declarations etc which if, Duty were paid, would bring their prices up to my level.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ordered! Too good a price to miss. Thats 3 219's to build now!

Just an update; the statement I made... "too good a price to miss" was true. Never received and never managed to have any communication with Boystown Models apart from a solitary email to to say it would be sent over the weekend, some 4 weeks ago. Ended up having to get my money back through paypal.

Word of warning to others, avoid this company at all costs. Several other people have had exactly the same problems.

• Like 3

• Administrators

Just an update; the statement I made... "too good a price to miss" was true. Never received and never managed to have any communication with Boystown Models apart from a solitary email to to say it would be sent over the weekend, some 4 weeks ago. Ended up having to get my money back through paypal.

Word of warning to others, avoid this company at all costs. Several other people have had exactly the same problems.

Sorry to hear that!

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...