The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Another Bf-110 G-2/R3 in 1:48 from REVELL has just arrived in the workshop, a model I started years ago and which is currently sitting in a box on the cupboard, so the tidying up continues. And if all goes well I might be able to get it done this weekend, I have almost all the parts cut out and ready for assembly and painting. The extras are only the DETAIL SET from AIRESA and the masks from MONTEX-MASK, but only the cabin itself because they were in the box. The model will be in boxed painting and will depict a machine from 5./ZG 76 Reichsverteidigung, winter 1944.
  3. Today
  4. Chris Glad you decided to buy the ResKit AM as they look so good. I've purchased a number of times from BNA and as you found out, their service from Oz is spectacular. I'm completely blown away by Speed Hunters stencil set and your plan on using all of them is going to surely be monumental. No question, you will easily pass my Tomcat stencil record by a mile. What I wanted to avoid at all costs was any silvering from the stencils and when I finished up, I was lucky and not a single bit of silvering. I just made sure I glossed the Tomcat to the smoothest finish I could, even rubbed out the gloss which I normally do not do, used the Micro Set and Sol on every stencil, then sealed all the decals with another few coats of clear gloss and then my final finish clear coat. Lots of work but it did the trick. Looking at the incredible stencil sheets and instructions, all the placement work is presented perfectly. I know you're right - a lot of work and time will be required but the final results will be incredible. With all that stencil data, I'm hoping you won't be covering any of it up under weathering. BTW, my Tomcat crossed the finish line earlier tonight and an update is coming.
  5. Scott Your loadouts are looking mighty good. Looking forward to your Tomcat crossing the finish line, as you surely are closing in on it now.
  6. I, too, have an Eduard along with accessories and am waiting for my inspiration to build it.
  7. John, Wow, I wish you would do a tutorial on how you cleaned up those seams!!! Really!
  8. On a PTO kick lately, and I expect it’ll continue…. I love the twin engined mayhem distributors. I’m thinking a J version with the 345th BG might be in the works. tons of amazing nose art for these. Almost as good as the B-24s
  9. This is ion my list to do. Looks real sharp. I dig the camo work.
  10. Weapons coming along ........ waiting for a Sprue Bros delivery of some semi-gloss clear for the missiles. Washed and flat coated.
  11. Yesterday
  12. So sorry to hear this Peter. Best wishes to Diane for a speedy recovery!
  13. Cleaned up every squares. It took a lot of masking tape. I painted the roof with Dull alu. A lot more to do on this. I will also paint on top on the vent dull alu as well. Here's how it looks so far. I am gonna let this sit for a few days before I do the next steps to make all dry.
  14. Got the Tan masked, so it's on to painting the Dark Green next. Got a family wedding next couple of days but hopefully I might get at it on Sunday.
  15. Isn´t that called the Angel Share? Make it a double to counter evaporation. Cheers Rob
  16. I got a melody in my head, whistled, taa, taa, ta, ta, taaa,.... Cheers Rob
  17. Rob Brilliant progress and OMG, looking so good. I'm in with Hubert for sure: 🍷
  18. Thanks Guys, so very much appreciate all the prayers and get well wishes. - Diane is lucky it wasn't a break, but a fracture and she is still hurting, with the healing process going to take about two months. Of course, being seniors we have so many other health issues, as it's just part of aging and out Golden Years. I know there is a rule on the forum about what can and can't be said and that goes for photos as well. If I posted an image of me in my nurse's work gear, I would surely be banned. 😉
  1. Load more activity