Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited


180 Excellent

Recent Profile Visitors

1,237 profile views
  1. I am not sure what I’ve gone and done, or more to that matter, why I’ve done it. I have built one Tank in all my years of Model Making, a 1/35 Tamiya Challenger 2. A long time ago at that. I know a little about Tanks in general, enough to be dangerous, though little to nothing about Armour Modeling techniques. This one will be a long job, probably a between Plane kits build, a bit here and a bit there. I stumbled on a build of the H version on YouTube and I decided I quite liked it and the size was impressive. I think that’s what sold it to be honest. Already gone and placed a Pre-Order for the Das Werk Stug III too. Oops.
  2. Thanks for the offer Martin, but the kit became a paint mule and was far more useful in that guise, what with 4 fuselage halves and all. I may one day tackle another of the large 109 kits but that’s a big maybe. I’d probably go for the G-2 or the G-6 Early should I ever find one of those. I’m also trying to stick to the one scale for display space reasons, though the 109 in 1/24 isn’t that large.
  3. Imagine my confusion when I logged in to see a notification on a 1/24 Bf 109-6 Late. ‘I don’t remember commenting on anything to do with one of those’ thinks I. The horrors of that kit have long been sent to the deepest darkest corners of my memory. Martin, I gave up on it. I got to doing the Galland Panzer Armour which for some reason Trumpeter moulded as a solid piece. So I had to remove the solid chunk that should be the armoured glass, and replace with some clear plastic, but I just gave up. Could never quite get the shape correct. Maybe now with 3D printing I could look in to having someone make the parts. This one however just stalled out and ended its days as a paint mule. I have thought about trying to do another, I cant find the Early version anywhere which doesn’t come with head armour at all if I remember correctly so would need that making. I did like the big scale though.
  4. Bump for lower prices and sold kits removed.
  5. Bump for new stuff added.
  6. Bump for New kits added.
  7. Bump for the added Harrier kit.
  8. Indeed Ernest. I only purchase Stateside now when the item is available nowhere else. Usually Spruebrothers or Zactoman.
  • Create New...