Jump to content

marcopreto

Members
  • Posts

    10
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Posts posted by marcopreto

  1. Here are a few photos of the latest model to leave my scale modelling bench (apparently, 1:144 scale has became the scale I mostly fiddle with). It's a minute UT-1 floatplane, built using Mikro-Mir's kit and some scratch built details. I run into some mishaps with the float struts, problems I tried to hide in the photos!

     

    FoVBjXU.jpeg

    9e3UNX9.jpeg

    JK6NwIR.jpeg

    q8B6iiA.jpeg

    1m4bNDH.jpeg

     

    I hope you like it!

    Cheers

     

    P.S.: I hope to build a 1:32 scale aircraft model this year (I just need to clear some space in my bench - i.e. finish some ongoing builds)

    • Like 6
  2. Early stages of a Fw 190 F-8 being built as one of the few experimental R-3 variants (armed with two Rheinmetall-Borsig MK 103 30mm cannons).

    Besides the Tamiya kit, I am also using Eduard's p.e. set, Master cannons/pitot, True details wheels and the MK 103 are from an old Verlinden set.

    gijWQAS.jpg

    5ANIKCb.jpg

     

    DjdkvRy.jpg

    lsIiEIn.jpg

     

    I hope to post more soon.

     

    Cheers

     

    • Like 5
  3. Thank you all for your kind comments.

     

    Here's a quick update! Decals are finally applied. The process was long as I ended up with some decals fragments on my fingers when I tried to do it in one go. I retouched the damaged decals and from then on, only applied a couple of decals at a time and left them to properly dry before applying the next batch.

    J7EzRHk.jpeg

    vBb3xz1.jpeg

    zTpNrMx.jpeg

    98yQiVX.jpeg

    I still need to apply the propeller decals and add some subtle weathering before completing it.

    gy4J7pF.jpeg

     

    I hope to share some more progress soon!

    Cheers

    • Like 7
    • Thanks 1
  4. This is my first post in LSM and I am sharing some photos of the model presently seating in my bench (a very small scale model).

    It's Revell's 1:144 scale Hawkeye. I am using the decals included in the box and its boxart is clearly inspired by a photo you can easily find in wikipedia.  This photo c~shows the aircraft with the new 8 bladed propeller and I got myself a set from RetroWings.

     

    The kit is pretty straightforward and is was quickly built (only the air intakes and exhausts required some special attention.

    KQUhHGX.jpeg

     

    The resin propellers did not have a very positive fit, so I built a simple jig, allowing me to set a consistent pitch for all blades.

    qqXzVXg.jpeg

     

    Before committing to glue any blade, I tested the fit between the propeller hub and the engine. The propeller hubs proved to be a bit to wide for the kit parts and I tried to slightly reduce their diameter, but as their axles are a bit off center it was impossible to simply turn them. I decided to turn my own parts on the mini-lathe, using brass rod.

    V1eiL7O.jpeg

     

    The fit was now much better (sorry for the poor photo, it was quickly snapped with my phone).

    qANEj6l.jpeg

     

    Using a dividing head I could easily make the holes to fit the propeller blades.

    MLWhYke.jpeg

    ovf1TSH.jpeg

    1Y83isf.jpeg

    The airframe already got its base colours.

    2wfV47Q.jpeg

    OodsHQ4.jpeg

     

    I hope to post more soon.

     

    Cheers

     

     

     

    • Like 10
×
×
  • Create New...