Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'WIP'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • LSM Info, Chat & Discussion
    • Important Information and Help Links for LSM
    • General and modelling discussion
  • LSM 'Under Construction'
    • LSM Work In Progress
  • LSM 'Completed Work'
    • LSM Armour Finished Work
    • LSM Aircraft Finished Work
  • Non-LSM Builds
    • All Non-LSM work, WIP and completed
  • LSM Marketplace
    • Buy, sell, swap, seek
    • LSM Vendors and Sponsors
    • LSM Reviews
  • LSM Competitions
    • D-Day 75th Anniversary Group Build
    • Archived GB's Sub Forum

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 1 result

  1. Hi all, After the review I did of the Kitty Hawk F-86D Sabre Dog review I did here: http://forum.largescalemodeller.com/topic/3528-132-kitty-hawk-f-86d-sabre-dog/ and the Ejection Seat here http://forum.largescalemodeller.com/topic/3884-eduard-f-86d-ejection-seat-for-kittyhawk-kit/ and the Seatbelts here http://forum.largescalemodeller.com/topic/3885-eduard-f-86d-seatbelts-fabric-for-kittyhawk-kit/ I figured it was only sensible to actually start the build. So far its just the Seat I have done to tie the two reviews together but once I get to the Eduard Cockpit and Interior review I will start that part of the kit too, its only a couple pictures so far. I build it as per the Eduard and Kitty Hawk instructions, nothing difficult, you just need to be careful aligning everything and making sure you check and double check before you remove any kit parts. Essentially the seat update is the seat sides, some fittings on the seat and it has seatbelts. I however used the Fabric Seatbelt set my first use of these. They went together relatively easy but I didn't realise they had to come off the card backing until the 1st cut. Once that was understood though everything else just fell together with some care taken to thread the belts through the various buckles. The seat was painted as per kit instructions and then washed with some light blue Ammo Wash and a darker wash of grey Paynes oil paint. It was then lightly dry brushed with a later of lightened base coat before being sealed with flat vallejo varnish. The straps were then fitted as per Eduard instructions and the two remove before flight lanyard fitted too, the upper one being attached by a very think length of solder to the seat back. I think it looks ok so far so cant wait to move on to the cockpit and rest of the kit.
×
×
  • Create New...