Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'ammoknight'.
Welcome to the future, a knight, maybe it's history, noooo, its sci-fi. These Ammoknights are a sidekick to the Maschinenkrieger or Ma.K or ZbV 3000 universe and I spare you the banal story behind, because it's irrelevant for the project I have no idea, if there is any interest in a WIP of that kind. First of all it's not about building, because all building was done in a day and was a very simple affair. The fit of the kit parts is very good and to make painting and weathering easier, all subassemblies can be snapped together without gluing, quite comfortable. The only extra work went into the seamlines of the arms and legs, where I used Tamiya extra thin glue in a left tiny gap, between the halves, then being pushed together with some force, so that some glue dries on the surface and can later be sanded away, result, no gaps at all. What this WIP will be about is painting and weathering, where I will incorporate some new adventures. My plan is to brush paint the Ammoknight with a layering technique of different type of colours, let's see, how this works out. The little scene will include the opened Ammoknight powersuit and Sasha the welding girl, patching the worn and beaten knight up after battle. If you have guessed, that this will involve metal, rust, grime, flaked paint and some sex appeal, you're right. Like on most of my builds, I have a very detailed picture in my head, showing the finalized project and like always, I'm curious about, if I'm able to deliver. The scene will look like this Today I started with the base layer and wanted to create a surface of badly pitted metal, cast with bad quality, corroded and worn. For the first time, I applied a corresponding surface layer on a kit, using Mr. Surfacer 500 and dabbed the texture on, with different types of sponges in random patterns, which led to this. Next step was checking the result with black primer, which will be the base for all things to follow. My test pieces looked so promising, that I coated all the parts in Alclad's black micro filler, Here are the results on some of the main body parts and it came out exactly how I wanted the look. Cheers Rob