Jump to content

Welcome to Large Scale Modeller: The home of the large scale military model builder. 

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'aviattic marienfelde'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • LSM Info, Chat & Discussion
    • Important Information and Help Links for LSM
    • General and modelling discussion
  • LSM 'Under Construction'
    • LSM Work In Progress
  • LSM 'Completed Work'
    • LSM Armour Finished Work
    • LSM Aircraft Finished Work
  • LSM Marketplace
    • Buy, sell, swap, seek
    • LSM Vendors and Sponsors
    • LSM Reviews
  • LSM Competitions
    • The HK Models Official International Contest initiated by LSM
    • Archived GB's Sub Forum
  • Non-LSM Builds
    • All Non-LSM work, WIP and completed

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 1 result

  1. Hi gang, I am unsure wether i have to post this here or in the armor section, so moderators please feel free to move this topic over to the other section of the forum and relink as you see fit. One of the rare times i have ventured into building a vehicle rather than building my usual preference of aircraft. The Marienfelde and the figures are the second and final part of my contribution to the collaborative diorama i am building in cooperation with Lebanese master modellers Bernard Bassous and Imad Bou Antoun. I present you the Aviattic Daimler Marienfelde in 1/32 scale. The kit is multimedia composed of resin parts, brass and acetate sheeting. I will not be reviewing the kit itself but i can tell you the parts are a mixed bag in terms of quality of the castings, and i can only recommend this kit to the advanced modeller. My kit came with 3 missing parts, the drum brakes were nowhere to be found, as well as one of the stowage boxes. The kit required a substantial amount of cleanup before assembly specially on the chassis and the wheels which had deep mold marks from the resin casting process. I scratchbuilt the drum brakes with styrene and scratchbuilt alot of other small details in order to enhance the overall look of the finished flatbed. I modified the flatbed as an infield modification carried out during the late stages of the Great War in order to add visual interest and also in order to be able to place the tail of the Junkers D1 in a position that would be suitable for the diorama and for the setting in relation to the figures. Woodgraining was done using oils on the inside of the cab, RB templates on the truck bed. All detail painting was done with tamiya and gunze paints, the outside of the truck was painted with tamiya paints and i tried representing the blotched appearance by using multiple layers and mixes of variations of the field gray colors. The metallics were all painted using alclad paints and MRP metallics. Weathering was achieved with AMMO mig products and oil paints kindly provided by Sukerumodera. Further weathering was done using pigments and prismacolor color pencils. The wheels and the chassis haven't been weathered as to give Bernard and Imad the chance to weather them in a way that will allow the truck and Junkers to be better integrated to the diorama base. The figures are from Czech company Black Dog and are resin, except for the truck driver which came with the Aviattic kit. This was also my first time painting figures and it took me three days until i settled with a technique for painting faces which i found worked for me, being a mixed of airbrushing, brush painting and oil transitions. The resin duck next to the driver is from a producer which i can't recall the name of now, and it is a throwback to one of my nicknames which adds a bit of a personal touch to the build. The leaves on the flatbed are from PlusModels of Czech Republic. The wood planks that cover the trailer chassis end are cut pieces of wood veneer and the chains are 1/35 armor chains from different producers, which have been burnished. Stay tuned for the final reveal of the diorama once we bring the whole project under way. All photos have been taken with my new EOS Rebel T3i and the studio light setup.
×