Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'd.1'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • LSM Info, Chat & Discussion
    • Important Information and Help Links for LSM
    • General and modelling discussion
  • LSM 'Under Construction'
    • LSM Work In Progress
  • LSM 'Completed Work'
    • LSM Armour Finished Work
    • LSM Aircraft Finished Work
  • Non-LSM Builds
    • All Non-LSM work, WIP and completed
  • LSM Marketplace
    • Buy, sell, swap, seek
    • LSM Vendors and Sponsors
    • LSM Reviews
  • LSM Competitions
    • D-Day 75th Anniversary Group Build
    • Archived GB's Sub Forum

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 1 result

  1. I've been home for a couple weeks now after my triple bypass surgery. Last week I made it back to the bench but I've been finding it a bit of a struggle to stay focused. Part of that is I'm easily tired which is not what I expected. Everyone says it's normal after major surgery but I've no reference so it's kind of new to me. Which is a good thing I guess. Anyways I started working on a resin Zero kit I have. I thought it wouldn't be too bad. The parts count was low and it seemed simple enough. I ran afoul of trying to do the chipping needed for the finish and having to use wire to peg the individual fingers. Setting that aside, I started on a Hasegawa 1/32 Stuka G2. The problem I ran into there was I have too much AM and it was dragging me down. I started working on fitting bits but trying to make all these bits fit was too much. Maybe down the road... So that led me to this kit. There's a couple reasons for this choice. 1- It has almost no rigging 2- I don't have any AM for it so it'll be 100% OOB 3- It should go together (hopefully) without hiccups. Unless they're self induced. 4- It has almost no rigging So here's the box contents. And here's where I've managed to get today. I've painted and started assembling a number of cockpit bits. Painting around the brass fuel tank isn't 100% perfect but I'm happy with it. I know there will probably end up being some faults and possible corner cutting on this build but I'm fine with that. I just want to feel like I'm enjoying things and not getting bogged down. The interior is primarily NMF so I'm just using Matt aluminum for that. I haven't come across any wood that needs to be done so that's an added bonus. A big thanks to Ernie who sent this kit to me last year as part of the Christmas raffle. Carl
×
×
  • Create New...