Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'f6f-3'.
Hola Señhoras y Señhores, finally the Hellcat is done. It was thought as an in between project, but took longer than expected, what I should have been expecting, knowing me . The kit is very good, but if you would be interested in, there could be a bit more cockpit detail. I was going for painting and finish with this build and left it as it was with the supplied PE detailing. I added the Brassin PW-2800 engine, which is a kit in the kit and an absolute gem. A little surgery was needed, to saw away the engine cowling panels, which are to be substituted with resin ones and a PE-framing. Painting was primarily done with Gunze acrylics and a heavy dose of multiple layering coats of oil colors for different effects. Chipping was done by brush in different colors too. The only real trouble was caused by the HGW wet transfers, I intended to use as a substitute for the supplied decals. They are incredibly fragile, when it comes to removing the carrier film, and I destroyed some of them, specially the eyes and fangs. After some repairs, I switched to the supplied Cartograph decals, which worked fine, phew. So here she is, the Hellcat with the cat mouth of VF-27 Cheers Rob