Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'fw-190'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • LSM Info, Chat & Discussion
    • Important Information and Help Links for LSM
    • General and modelling discussion
  • LSM 'Under Construction'
    • LSM Work In Progress
  • LSM 'Completed Work'
    • LSM Armour Finished Work
    • LSM Aircraft Finished Work
  • Non-LSM Builds
    • All Non-LSM work, WIP and completed
  • LSM Marketplace
    • Buy, sell, swap, seek
    • LSM Vendors and Sponsors
    • LSM Reviews
  • LSM Competitions
    • D-Day 75th Anniversary Group Build
    • Archived GB's Sub Forum

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 1 result

  1. Hi all! For some time now that i wished to start a topic "step by step" on this forum and i found the ideal candidate. I bought this model recently at a local hobby shop and already "destroyed" one on my resume, due to lost parts. As usual in my airplanes, I started to cut and prepare parts from sprue, starting from the cockpit, that and by the pictures below, I did not take pictures. The paint was made with a primer from Vallejo, followed by RLM66 from Model air, also from Vallejo range. As much of the cockpit is hidden, detail painting was kept into a minimum. Over a 4 hours period, I was able to complete the fuselage / wings glue, and main components prep for paint. In the beginning there was putty and sandpaper… The assembly, and this must be a fault as modeller, I need to resource to putty and sandpaper to eliminate the glue seams. In some models it is easy and in others, well, not. I won’t complain a lot on this model, as I assume that it’s a natural part of this hobby. As usual, my favourite tools of trade for this are sandpaper ( starting 600, 1200, 2000, 3000) and a mix of superglue ( the cheap one) and talcum powder. And also use putty made by firescale modeler (Portuguese brand with a nice offer in terms of paints and finishing materials), dries fast and it's perfect for finishing big seams. A considerable seam was identified in the wings roots (I could avoid that if paid more attention to dry fit) and pushing the wings up and glue it, does not fix the problem in hands. As so, a piece of plasticard was inserted in the gap, and with a pencil, i marked to cut. and the final result: The result with the strip of plasticard inserted, glued and sanded. Some atention will be required in order to garantee a smoth finish. In the meanwhile Small parts have been painted in the correct colour, RLM02, from Gunze and this concludes part one of this step by step. I'll try to be quick on the updates. Thanks for watching!
×
×
  • Create New...