Jump to content

Welcome to Large Scale Modeller: The home of the large scale military model builder. 

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'scammell'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • LSM Info, Chat & Discussion
    • Important Information and Help Links for LSM
    • General and modelling discussion
  • LSM 'Under Construction'
    • LSM Work In Progress
  • LSM 'Completed Work'
    • LSM Armour Finished Work
    • LSM Aircraft Finished Work
  • LSM Marketplace
    • Buy, sell, swap, seek
    • LSM Vendors and Sponsors
    • LSM Reviews
  • LSM Competitions
    • D-Day 75th Anniversary Group Build
    • Archived GB's Sub Forum
  • Non-LSM Builds
    • All Non-LSM work, WIP and completed

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 1 result

  1. After finishing the German railcar, I decided that I should maybe do a British tank transporter. Plus this way I could join in with all the heavy equipment that's being built. I've got the Thunder Models Scammell kit. Here's the bit of AM that I have for it. There's not a lot out there. I had hope to find some suitable crew figures but haven't had any luck. Assembly starts with the trailer deck. The deck is one piece and you assemble the frame underneath it. The mouldings are quite thin which is nice. Most ejector pin marks are raised so are easily sanded/scraped off. The plastic and the way the sprues are numbered remind me of a Kitty Hawk kit. Here's the frame partly assembled. The front has a pulley that due to a sink mark, the pin to mount it in place ended up too short. I simply drilled it out and use a 1 mm diameter plastic rod to replace it. There are some outer cross braces. These help align the frame rail in the right spot on the deck. I found a bit of clamping was needed while the cement dried. But other than that, the frame goes together nicely. Thankfully it's regular styrene too so no gluing issues.
×
×
  • Create New...