Jump to content

Welcome to Large Scale Modeller: The home of the large scale military model builder. 

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'ssw'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • LSM Info, Chat & Discussion
    • Important Information and Help Links for LSM
    • General and modelling discussion
  • LSM 'Under Construction'
    • LSM Work In Progress
  • LSM 'Completed Work'
    • LSM Armour Finished Work
    • LSM Aircraft Finished Work
  • LSM Marketplace
    • Buy, sell, swap, seek
    • LSM Vendors and Sponsors
    • LSM Reviews
  • LSM Competitions
    • D-Day 75th Anniversary Group Build
    • Archived GB's Sub Forum
  • Non-LSM Builds
    • All Non-LSM work, WIP and completed

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 1 result

  1. Hola you tolerant non LS followers, Some days ago, I started to build two kits of the Eduard SSW D.III. It's the ProfiPack edition with PE and I ordered a Brassin engine, a set of Brassin 08/15, another set of 08/15's from Gaspatch and Aviattic's cookie cut Lozenge decals. I posted some progresses on the engine in another thread, but caught a little fire while building, because of the great fun factor of these kits. The plan was to use the SSW's as a testbed for different techniques, which are new to me, like wood painting with oils, Lozenge decaling and others. I started this WIP now, because I hope you are interested in my fails and successes with this couple and on the egoistic side I hope for input, where I struggle. The Brassin engine was finished using nickel rods for the pushers aligned with the help of brass tubes. All colors used are from the very likable Xtreme Metal range from AK. I used stainless steel for the case and burnt metal for the exhausts. The stainless steel was blued a little with a hint of transparent blue. In the end, I really like the result and to me it payed off not to use the supplied PE pushrods. Cheers Rob
×
×
  • Create New...