Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'ultrasonic cleaner'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • LSM Info, Chat & Discussion
    • Important Information and Help Links for LSM
    • General and modelling discussion
  • LSM 'Under Construction'
    • LSM Work In Progress
  • LSM 'Completed Work'
    • LSM Armour Finished Work
    • LSM Aircraft Finished Work
  • Non-LSM Builds
    • All Non-LSM work, WIP and completed
  • LSM Marketplace
    • Buy, sell, swap, seek
    • LSM Vendors and Sponsors
    • LSM Reviews
  • LSM Competitions
    • Archived GB's Sub Forum
    • Everything Ukraine Group Build
    • Everything Ukraine Ready for Inspection

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 1 result

  1. Morning all, After noticing a gradual deterioration in airbrush performance (even after total disassembly/cleaning) I decided to give an ultrasonic cleaner a whirl. A couple of very good videos on Youtube helped convince me that this was the best way to truly "deep-clean" an airbrush. I ordered the "Magnasonic" cleaner from Amazon (quite a deal at $39.99) and it arrived yesterday. I mixed a 50/50 solution of Windex and warm water, disassembled my Iwata HP-CS, and threw it all in for an 8 minute high-frequency bath. Even though the airbrush was "clean" (I thought), I was astonished at the result. A couple of minutes in, numerous "mounds" of fine, sedimentary debris began gathering on the floor of the tank. A good deal of this appeared to have come from the nozzle (which, again, I thought was squeaky clean to begin with). After rinsing the airbrush parts in water, I lubed up the needle and reassembled the airbrush. The whole "feel" of the trigger is noticably different; it's no longer "mushy" and "sticky" but instead smooth. I haven't actually tried running paint through it yet but I am pretty certain there will be a noticeable improvement. I then threw my old single-action Paasche in the tank. I'm not sure where it was all hiding, but a big clump of gunk and sediment came out of it's nozzle as well. The model that I purchased is shown. A cheaper version (which doesn't have time settings) is also available, and likely works just as well. If you don't have one of these babies, GET ONE!!!
×
×
  • Create New...