LF Silver Wings 1/32 Bristol Bulldog

Well, the title says it all.

As the kit is now OOP, and seems rarer to find than a hen's teeth, I am looking for one. If you have one in the stash and do not think you will ever build it, please get in touch with me via PM.

Many thanks in advance.

Hubert

• Like 4

lol

A little more to it than age , this being British Columbia and all.

I dont think its the Silver Wings one either Hub , its a resin and other multi media , cant remermber the name of the company .

I got 2 of their kits the other is a Boomerang...anyone?

• Like 2

It must be Alleycat. IIRC, the master modeller behind Alleycat was a Polish guy who later went on to start Silver Wings.

The Boomerang is not my stuff, but I mght be interested in the Alleycat Bulldog. Let me check what i fo I have.

Hubert

• Like 2

Yes. I could not find traces of an Alley Cat or Montex Bulldog.

And I already have the Gamecock, albeit in different livery (just checked the stash, because memory, age, etc. :lol: ). It’s a neat little kit, btw.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to peruse your stash.

So, any other one who may have forgotten a lone Bulldog in his/her stash ?

Hubert

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

On 1/15/2021 at 1:16 AM, HubertB said:

It must be Alleycat. IIRC, the master modeller behind Alleycat was a Polish guy who later went on to start Silver Wings.

The Boomerang is not my stuff, but I mght be interested in the Alleycat Bulldog. Let me check what i fo I have.

Hubert

Not quite so... It was Alley Cat who got in touch with Silver Wings owner to propose purchasing some of their masters :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Guys, the deal with the Bulldog kit is that once it stopped being a top-seller, which is natural after few years pass from kit's premiere, orders become more and more rare, which makes it hard to maintain all kit components in a good condition. Basically, if you manage to gather people interested in at least 20 Bulldogs, we would be happy to bring the kit back for this one time.

• Like 5

Why don’t you ask for interest on your website, and on LSP ? 

You just have to find another 19 now ;)

Hubert

PS : ... or send via email to your customer base a « request for interest »

• Like 6

• 3 months later...

A bump for this one,as I have just received an email (like all their customers I believe) from Simon asking which of the discontinued kits I'd be interested to see re-released :piliot: !

My answer was the Bullddog and the Siskin !

Hubert

• Like 3

• Administrators
On 4/8/2021 at 3:20 PM, Silverwings said:

Guys, the deal with the Bulldog kit is that once it stopped being a top-seller, which is natural after few years pass from kit's premiere, orders become more and more rare, which makes it hard to maintain all kit components in a good condition. Basically, if you manage to gather people interested in at least 20 Bulldogs, we would be happy to bring the kit back for this one time.

That is GREAT news. I’ll buy two kits, so now you need 18.  I love the interwar British machines, and the Bulldog and Siskin both are true classics. 
The Bulldog is one of those drop dead gorgeous Golden Age biplanes that just have “the look”.

I always wondered about the British.  They designed some truly beautiful aircraft up through the 1930s, but then, the ugly stick hit them and we got such scary lookers as the Gannet, the Skua, the Battle, the Sea Venom, and many other not so pretty aircraft. Was it all just punishment for the  soon to be Blackburn ROC?

Maybe if you are also over on the other forum, post this and maybe a few folks will step up.

3E907A49-6B6F-43B9-9E27-AE28D60EAAA7.jpeg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

That is GREAT news. I’ll buy two kits, so now you need 18.  I love the interwar British machines, and the Bulldog and Siskin both are true classics. 
The Bulldog is one of those drop dead gorgeous Golden Age biplanes that just have “the look”.

I always wondered about the British.  They designed some truly beautiful aircraft up through the 1930s, but then, the ugly stick hit them and we got such scary lookers as the Gannet, the Skua, the Battle, the Sea Venom, and many other not so pretty aircraft. Was it all just punishment for the  soon to be Blackburn ROC?

Maybe if you are also over on the other forum, post this and maybe a few folks will step up.

3E907A49-6B6F-43B9-9E27-AE28D60EAAA7.jpeg

They have actually asked the question in their sponsors’ forum, Ernie (funnily enough in one of the threads I initiated) …

I you take two Bulldogs, plus Fran, plus me, they just need another 16 to take the jump. That should be a no-brainer ;)

Hubert

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

Got the following email from Silver wings ... YES !

" Dear Friends!

In our ongoing efforts to better focus on feedback we receive from you, we have decided to make some of our discontinued kit available again.

After carefully analyzing answers to the survey, we are going to do one last run of the following kits, based on pre-orders only:

·       1/32 Bristol Bulldog Mk IIA

·       1/32 Hawker Hart

·       1/32 A. W. Siskin IIIA

·       1/32 Fairey Flycatcher

·       1/32 Heinkel He-51

·       1/32 Heinkel He-51 B2

We will be offering these kits in the time-limited offer of 110 EUR / 130 USD / 95GBP / 178 AUD / 165 CAD + 50% off the shipping cost.

In order to take advantage of this offer, please submit your order to silverwings@silverwings.pl no later than September 10, 2021. After that date, we will tally the orders and produce just enough kits to fill the orders.

Note that you may include any other kits you wish to order to save on shipping costs.

Thank you for your support!

The Silver Wings Team "

My prayers have been answered !

Hubert

• Like 1