The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

1:32 P-400 Airacobra

Thank you, guys.

Fantastic! This has to be one of the best builds on LSM!

So since its nearly done.... What are you thinking of next?

Dave, next 1/32 is an A-4 Skyhawk, but you may be disappointed because I probably begin building the A-4 six months later due to there are several Sci-Fi and figures models are behind this P-400.

All right, I think this is the final update.  More photos of this P-400 are coming soon.  Thanks for watching.

9919606785_289206cdee_o.jpg

Client also provided a Signifer 1:32 WWII USAF forked lift set for the bomb and drop tank.

10009096384_5e686f87ac_o.jpg

Cleaned these resin parts and tried to dry fit.

10009166356_8443c21b09_o.jpg

In the photo of the Signifer forked lift set, there was a wooden frame on the bomb loader, but this wooden frame wasn’t included in this set actually.  Therefore, I tried to scratch build two wooden frames by the wooden stick of popsicle.

10009121285_815d002e34_o.jpg

Painted the basic colors for bomb loader and wooden frames.

10009096594_1a3046697d_o.jpg

Washed by oil paint and painted silver for chip effect.  Also used soft pastel to add some weathering.

10009220613_0b8c62ca3e_o.jpg

This was going to be a nice way for displaying the bomb and drop tank.

• Like 3

I haven't mentioned much on your stupendous build but I have enjoyed everything you've done and I've learned so much it's frightening.

Please don't take this the wrong way but I actually have very little regard for the Airacobra (I just can't get excited about it) so it says a lot about your phenomenal skills that has kept me watching throughout. Some are great scratch builders and others are great painters but you, Sir, are both at the same time.

Thank you for sharing this at LSM - I think we're very lucky to have you here.

Beautiful work Anzo...

Looking at the contents of this kit pulled out of the stash makes me realise how much you've really amplified the kit's potential...

I really like your use of pastels, they add a great deal of life to a relatively flat colour (for example on the bomb). Are these the sticks that you have to grind down to get a sort of dust to apply, or are they the softer oil pastels.?  If they are the oil pastels could you explain briefly how you use them..?

Thanks

Matt

If only I had that kind of talant

Paul

I believe that every modeler has talent if he keeps building models.

Just blown away at the quality you put into this model.

Dare i ask what's next?

Cheers,

Jeroen

Thank you, Jeroen.  Next model is a Sci-Fi model, Transformers.  If you say in 1/32, that will be an A-4 Skyhawk, but probably begin the project after 6 months.  You may follow my FB here.  https://www.facebook.com/pages/DeepBlue-Model/498437670208030'> https://www.facebook.com/pages/DeepBlue-Model/498437670208030

I haven't mentioned much on your stupendous build but I have enjoyed everything you've done and I've learned so much it's frightening.

Please don't take this the wrong way but I actually have very little regard for the Airacobra (I just can't get excited about it) so it says a lot about your phenomenal skills that has kept me watching throughout. Some are great scratch builders and others are great painters but you, Sir, are both at the same time.

Thank you for sharing this at LSM - I think we're very lucky to have you here.

Thank you, Grant.  I am glad to hear that.  Because I always learn something and enjoy when I see someone’s WIP, so I want to share these useful skills with every one of you.  That means we learn from each other, then everyone build a nice model.  What a wonderful World!!

Brilliant work!

Thank you, mikester.

Fantastic, always liked the Airacobra especially in that scheme. 

Thank you, Kagemusha.

Beautiful work Anzo...

Looking at the contents of this kit pulled out of the stash makes me realise how much you've really amplified the kit's potential...

I really like your use of pastels, they add a great deal of life to a relatively flat colour (for example on the bomb). Are these the sticks that you have to grind down to get a sort of dust to apply, or are they the softer oil pastels.?  If they are the oil pastels could you explain briefly how you use them..?

Thanks

Matt

Thank you, Matt.  I used soft pastel.  Just like you said, grind the soft pastel on sand paper and apply these powders on the areas where I want to have these effects.

• 1 year later...

While searching for detail parts for the Cobra i came across this!  This is a beautiful build!  Thank you for sharing and i cant wait to make a total butt out of myself while trying to do all of the techniques posed here.  But I am inspired to at least try!  

• 2 weeks later...